Inshart 09-Aug-21
Beendare 09-Aug-21
skookumjt 09-Aug-21
TD 10-Aug-21
BUCKeye 11-Aug-21
Jaquomo 11-Aug-21
skookumjt 12-Aug-21
08-Aug-21
My search for the ultimate banana hammock continues. I really like the fit and feel of SAXX underwears, but they dont last worth a damn. I like First Lites merino wool longs, but they changed construction and put a seam straight up the back....."seam in back" rymes with "up your crack". Dumb move, FL!!

What doesnt ride up your legs or your azz crack, has a waist band that doesnt roll down as you move and supports your nutzack just enough to keep it from gluing to your inner thigh on warm days.

Shug, stay off this thread because I am disturbingly aware of the fact that you wear no undies......

08-Aug-21
Lol, I'm really picky about underwear too! The wife won't buy it for me anymore because if it doesn't fit just right I won't wear them. Wish I could fill you in on the right stuff but I still don't have the info. Every time I find something I like it dissappear from the shelves forever, or gets changed.

08-Aug-21
Well what works best for me is the "Champions" from Costco. I will say however, the waist band does roll down on occasion. Butt, they are cheap, comfortable and last a LONG time. Nothing to add about long-johns tho.

08-Aug-21
Shart- my go-to, and only because my wife is a Costcaholic, are the Champions and yes, the waist ban rolls annoyingly down always.

To clarify, I am looking for briefs, not long handles. I have that handled....

08-Aug-21
I too like the SAXX Kinetic HD underwear: they’ve lasted a few years…their other models do not last very long.

08-Aug-21
I like the ex-officio briefs. Pairs are still going strong after 5-6 years, but I only wear them while hunting so YMMV.

08-Aug-21
Try the Buck Naked underwear from Duluth Trading Post. It's one product actually as good as advertised.

08-Aug-21
Saxx are the only ones for me. I have some that I’ve had for 7 years. I really noticed how good the new ones I ordered were when I compared them to those ancients ones I had. I think they are worth it and I don’t mine buying a few each year.

08-Aug-21
The Champions at Costco did not work f0r me. Bought my normal size for 35" waist and after the first wash they all would have fit better on an Ethiopian marathon runner... the regular Costco branded fit far better for me! For synthetic hunting I prefer some mothwings I bought on Camofire years ago. They worked so well for me I loaded up while they had them... down to my last 3 pair. they made some ggod stuff, too bad they're gone.

08-Aug-21
Duluth Armachillo with the “Bullpen” feature are my absolute favorites!!

08-Aug-21
^^^^^X2 on the Duluth Armachillo Bullpens!!!

08-Aug-21
Champions Boxer Briefs x3

08-Aug-21
Buck naked and I like the shorter version.

08-Aug-21
Those Armachillos look like they're all synthetic....won't all that poly/nylon contribute to excessive Fromunda cheese growth after a couple days? one of the reasons I like the First Lite briefs for extended wear is that they dont stink like a lobster bait barrel after 3-4 days of constant wear. Cotton loses its shape and gives up. The merino wool seems to take it and stay in the game.

08-Aug-21
So perhaps a better question(s) is/are;

1) everyday skivvies?

2) Extended hunt skivs?

08-Aug-21
Ki-ke: will have an answer for you after September. They did well during some extended hikes in turkey season but no multiple day trips yet. As for comfort, I’ve tried a bunch,and they take the cake.

08-Aug-21
adidas sports briefs

best i have found by far

and i noticed last time at costco they were there as well

08-Aug-21
I am still trying to find a replacement for SAXX blacksheep since they quit making them. Why I will never understand. Merino wool no matter what......daily or hunting.

09-Aug-21
I second this - Try the Buck Naked underwear from Duluth Trading Post.

09-Aug-21
What about First Lite's new release? The Game Bag Brief. Got a sack sewn in the front for storing your fruit. I don't own a pair of those briefs, but its what I thought of when I read the op.

09-Aug-21
You may want to re-word that last statement, Jethro. That could be interpreted several different ways. ;-)

09-Aug-21
I chose the buck baked kind. No undies here at all. Going on 7-8 years without wearing them and can’t see starting back anytime soon. Have you considered going commando?

09-Aug-21
Very funny Rut. Made the change. Don't want you guys thinking I got no fruit.

09-Aug-21
I wear armachillo briefs from Duluth trading. The armachillo bull pens are nice but I don’t like anything on my leg.

09-Aug-21
I’m a fan of Duluth Buck Naked Armachillo with the Bullpen as well. Only thing I wear every day of the year. They are a bit pricy, but generally last good for me. I’ve worn them from sheep hunts to sitting on the couch. We all certainly have differing amounts of Junk Funk, but I never think they get super funky for me. They are small and light, so I carry 2 extras even on a sheep hunt. If I’m not mistaken they have some kind of microbial treatment as well, but don’t quote me on that.

—Jim

09-Aug-21
Don't listen to Treeman when he says they don't get super funky...I've spent a week on a boat in Kodiak with him, and his funk level would make George Clinton look tame! I kid I kid :)

Ex-Officios have been incredible for me. I bought about a dozen pairs probably six years ago and they're still basically like new. And I find them to be incredibly comfortable.

09-Aug-21
FYI Armichillos are on sale right now. Got a pair over the weekend. They're nice. Obviously haven't tested them on a multi-day hunt but like someone else said, they're light enough to take a spare. Rinse in the creek and air dry and I think I'll be great.

09-Aug-21
Ex-Officios boxers is all I wear anymore. They are a little short, so I tuck it in my sock.

09-Aug-21
Nick- left or right sock?

09-Aug-21
Nick, yer too young to have balls that sag that far..........

09-Aug-21
Jordan- it’s not his balls.....although in all fairness, his jeans are well sub 30 inseam, so there’s that....

09-Aug-21
Nick, you related to Lou? :)

09-Aug-21
My current fav is the REI boxers…not the loose fit but the snug ones.

09-Aug-21

skookumjt's Link
I've been on a similar hunt for a while. Almost ten years ago I was at an ASA tournament down south and it was so hot and humid we all went looking for different undies after the first day of practice. I found some Starter brand boxer briefs that were wicking material and lightweight. I got a pack and absolutely loved them. I bought six more as soon as I got home.

Lately they've been showing their age and I have been looking for some replacements because the Starters aren't made any more. I ever started a post on here a few months ago.

Last week I found some on Amazon that looked promising so I ordered some. I wore them working in the woods today in miserable hot and humid conditions and they are pretty amazing. They cradle the twins even better than the old ones. Stayed dry and snug.

Very reasonable price. I'll be ordering a bunch more.

10-Aug-21

TD's Link
So you mean something like a pushup bra???

11-Aug-21
I just got a 3 pack of the ones Skook showed. They seem to ride up my legs with too much movement, so I am still searching. I would pay stupid $ to Mothwing to bring back my old favs. If I could have that and Gore make socks again, I'd be set

11-Aug-21
Tommy Johns. Wife bought me a couple pairs as sort of a joke and now that's all my banana wants.

12-Aug-21
I think I looked at the Adidas ones but they don't have a fly. Tommy John's cost more than my Carhartts.

• Sitka Gear