Mt. man 12-Aug-21
bowhunter1 12-Aug-21
bowhunter1 12-Aug-21
Brun 15-Aug-21
Tilzbow 15-Aug-21
tradi-doerr 17-Aug-21
LUNG$HOT 17-Aug-21
11-Aug-21
I plan to have a couple grouse arrows in my quiver next month when I'm out chasing elk. What is a good tip to use for them that shoots same as field points? Thanks, TODDY

11-Aug-21
I always used Zwicky judo points. Hard as hell to lose.

11-Aug-21
We’ve always used rubber blunts. I never carry a grouse arrow when I’m actually hunting, but always have 3 strapped on my atv for the ride back to camp.

11-Aug-21
^rubber blunts

11-Aug-21
Same here, rubber blunts.

11-Aug-21
Rubber blunts for me. Here in NM there is almost no such thing as a soft backstop so judo-style points tend to result in broken arrows, while the rubber blunts provide just enough cushion to reduce breakage. And every bit as deadly.

11-Aug-21
Judo points, rubber blunts, fixed bladed practice broad heads, old used and dulled broad heads, even field tips....I've used them all with equal success. The Judo points are probably the easiest to find afterwards.

Matt

11-Aug-21
I just put a bigger washer than the shaft on the back of a field point. Probably wont hit the same at longer distance but grouse are usually 10yds or less.

11-Aug-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
three bld BH from recurve bow did this bird in.
three bld BH from recurve bow did this bird in.

11-Aug-21

did not do much damage to the bird
did not do much damage to the bird
look what is for dinner!
look what is for dinner!

11-Aug-21
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

11-Aug-21
I like the Judos, because the arrow usually doesn't go as far if you skim off one, or miss one.

11-Aug-21
Sticks and rocks are my choice!!

12-Aug-21
I have said it before but I never let repetition stop me from putting my 2 cents in. In the adrenalin pumping moment, just before the biggest bull I ever laid eyes on stopped broadside in an open shooting lane, I reached in my quiver without looking and took out an arrow. Thankfully bull fever caused me to shoot just over his back. When I went to find my arrow, there on it's tip was a judo point. I promised myself to never ever put another judo point in my quiver. That was about 5 years ago, and sometimes now I can go 2 or 3 hours without thinking about that bull and what if I had made a perfect shot, If a grouse is needs to be shot, it will be with a razor sharp Magnus Stinger.

12-Aug-21
I prefer one judo arrow in the quiver. It is always in the 5-hole with nock end up in the quiver opposite of all other arrows.

That is for 2 reasons. 1) Don’t make the Zeke mistake, and 2) They can sometimes rattle in the quiver

12-Aug-21
One of the fun things hunting with a recurve is stump shooting while hunting with the added bonus of grouse. I always have a judo in my quiver. Most times I have different fletching or have it upside down in my quiver.

12-Aug-21
"Don’t make the Zeke mistake"

The TightSpot 7 arrow quiver is perfect to keep from making that mistake, because the 6th and 7th arrows are buried underneath the 5 arrows on the outside. You have to remove the outer arrows to get to them. ;^)

12-Aug-21
Zeke, that's funny... 5 years later can now go 2 or 3 hours without thinking about it! Sure glad I never screwed up a shot...or that I remember anyway. :(

12-Aug-21

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Steak and grouse. Doesn’t get much better.
LINK's embedded Photo
Steak and grouse. Doesn’t get much better.
I’ve used straight practice tips and the 5 point adders. Only lost one arrow none broken but I’ve only killed a handful of grouse. Like someone else mentioned, load it backwards in your quiver.

12-Aug-21
I have used both G5 and VPA's. They shoot the same as field points and usually tip over when I miss.

12-Aug-21
Judos, sometimes the little wires make the difference in a harvest or not. They also do not bury as deep in tree trunks. And yes , keep them opposite in your quiver.

12-Aug-21
rage...then you don't have to gut them! lol

12-Aug-21
Same as apauls

12-Aug-21
I like to use the broadheads that I no longer have intention to shoot at big game. Although last year I sent a solid legends bh at a grouse accidentally and missed. That broadhead exploded when it hit the dirt. $35 lesson but now I know how durable they are..

12-Aug-21
I use the VPA SGT heads. Solid steel and the arrow just flips over on a miss. Never an issue.

12-Aug-21

bowhunter1's Link

12-Aug-21

bowhunter1's Link

15-Aug-21
I've used Judo points, field points and rubber blunts. I like the blunts the best.

15-Aug-21

Tilzbow's Link
How about a slingshot? See link, there are some pretty cool ones.

17-Aug-21
I'll post pics but I now use a wrist rocket with 35# pull bands, zips a 5/8" steel bearing right through the grouse! No longer loosing or wasting arrows.

17-Aug-21
I’ve had good success with the G5 small game heads. Fly just like a field point.

• Sitka Gear