2Wild Bill 18-Aug-21
Two Feathers 18-Aug-21
LBshooter 18-Aug-21
LBshooter 18-Aug-21
MOutside 29-Aug-21
Zbone 30-Aug-21
wvfarrier 30-Aug-21
12-Aug-21
Cool video, Really enjoyed it without music playing - nice to hear critters making natural sounds.

12-Aug-21
Very cool. I agree with the natural sounds. No music or non stop dork whispering

12-Aug-21
very nice video

12-Aug-21
Really cool video, thanks for posting.

12-Aug-21
He's lucky those bears didn't destroy his camera.

12-Aug-21
So if there is no one in the woods to hear it, does a drinking Mt Lion actually make slurping sounds?? ;-) lol

12-Aug-21
I thought the same thing Bowboy: I've rarely had a bear ignore a camera. For that main reason I always lock mine in a metal "bear safe" box and even still, they'll often lick it, rub on it and generally try to mess with it. Before going to metal safes in almost every case of a camera being deployed for a relatively long time bears would bat it around, tear the strap, chew on it, etc.

12-Aug-21
VERY cool video. No music and no human voices made it even better!

12-Aug-21
That was fun to watch. Also a lesson there when sitting waterholes. Stay all day, lot of midday activity.

12-Aug-21
Pretty cool. I wonder if the rest of the critters drinking there, think the water has a bit of a bear flavor to it…

12-Aug-21
At 9:38, for a split second, I thought that it looked like a honey badger instead of a western Skunk.

12-Aug-21
Cool trail camera pictures and thanks for sharing that. What came to my mind was the story I wrote concerning a similar water pool in Arizona. Part of the story follows. Arizona-- The young Apache hunter named Steps Between Stones, who had seen sixteen cycles of the 12 moon months, sunk low in his hiding place. The day was very hot so he only had on his breechcloth/leggings and moccasins; his dark skin and black long hair blended in well with the surrounding brown sand, gray rocks and sticker brush and a few green cactus plants. It had been so dry in the region he was lucky to find this water seep high up in the rocky hills, and around it were a few small deer prints in the sand. He had greased his upper body with animal fat to cut the human smell. His mother had made him a mask made from a deer's head but it was too hot to wear this day. He kept low as the sun was setting and at long last a cool shadow was being cast across the seep and his hiding spot.

He doubted he would hear these small deer coming to water as they were fine in structure, gray in color, silent on the hoof, and as he was told, came and went like the smoke of a dying camp fire or like a Gray Ghost that might be here one second and then gone the next.

His left hand held his favorite bow made of Mesquite wood and strung with deer back sinew. His father had given him this bow along with a quiver of chert stone point arrows with black Raven feathers. He had tried to make his own stone points but just needed more time to acquire the skill. His uncle was the stone point master and also made a few Obsidian blade knives. Scars on Steps Between Stone's fingers were a testimony to this as he tried to see if the knife was sharp enough. He wore this very special knife on his belt as he just knew it would bring him luck this day.

It was becoming darker and cooler and as he raised his head over the rocks, he saw movement ahead and approaching the small ring of water just a few strides ahead, a gray deer approached with caution, head up smelling the wind for danger. The young hunter froze as the deer approached and when the deer's head was at the water, he slowly pulled back on the bow and released the arrow. The Great Spirit guided the arrow into the deer's heart and while a fatal hit, the deer turned and bounded out of sight.

12-Aug-21
Surprised that first bear never even took a drink. That cat had to walk away with a sloshing belly full.

12-Aug-21
I am surprised the first bear never really had a drink. I may have missed it. Cool video.

12-Aug-21
The first bear was wet when it started so I think there might be some of him at the water we did not see.

12-Aug-21
Excellent footage thanks for sharing.

12-Aug-21
Alot of predators and a few prey.. Alot of critters out in the middle of the day. 115 is a bit toastie. Absolutely amazing video.

13-Aug-21
Way cool!

13-Aug-21
Very cool thanks for sharing

13-Aug-21
entertaining!

18-Aug-21
Really cool video, no music made it so much better thanks for sharing!

18-Aug-21
Enjoyed it, thank you. Made me thirsty, and I have watermelon in the frig.

18-Aug-21
I liked it!

18-Aug-21
Very nice, so where is your stand in relations to the water hole? ??

18-Aug-21
Very nice, so where is your stand in relations to the water hole? ??

29-Aug-21
Thanks for sharing and watching my video everyone. YouTube shows where your traffic is coming from, I had never visited these forums until I saw a lot of clicks coming from Bowsite. Enjoying some of the threads on here.

30-Aug-21
Cool, thanks for sharing....

Yeah Medicineman, thought it looked like a Honey Badger too... I looked it up, I think it was a:

"The American hog-nosed skunk (Conepatus leuconotus) is a species of hog-nosed skunk from Central and North America, and is one of the largest skunks in the world, growing to lengths of up to 2.7 feet (82 cm).[2] Recent work has concluded the western hog-nosed skunk (formerly Conepatus mesoleucus) is the same species, and Conepatus leuconotus is the correct name of the merged populations.[3]

In Texas, it is commonly known as the rooter skunk for its habit of rooting and overturning rocks and debris in search of food."

30-Aug-21
I had no idea that Arizona had bear that large

• Sitka Gear