Buffalo1 12-Aug-21
Bowfreak 12-Aug-21
RK 12-Aug-21
JTreeman 12-Aug-21
Zebrakiller 13-Aug-21
Zebrakiller 13-Aug-21
Zebrakiller 13-Aug-21
12-Aug-21
have you ever shoot a nilgai with your bow? I had heard that they are a very hard animals to get with an archery equipment

12-Aug-21
There is a fella Zebrakiller (I think is his handle) that has taken a few. Look him up.

12-Aug-21
Zebrakiller or Bigpizzaman are the two folks to talk with about bowhunting nilgai.

12-Aug-21

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Don’t talk to me about it!

—Jim

12-Aug-21
Well Jimmy, give him the scoup. Place, time of year, how tough was it to get close., You know, fill him in. I say you know "something" from the pic.. Nice, good one & congratulations...

12-Aug-21
Treeman you are the "Wildebeest" expert.

Congrats on a beautiful nilgai !! He's a beauty.

12-Aug-21
FYI...If anyone needs a feral cat expert it's TD. :)

12-Aug-21
There are some great opportunities out there for Nilgai

Pizza man and zebraman both have good advice on the opposite end of the scale

Treeman know the answer also

Good luck in your Nilgai quest

12-Aug-21
I just get lucky sometimes! I don’t know much about anything. We hunt the King Ranch. That bull was shot out of a tree at water in July. The summer hunts are good for water/stands. If you want to S/S then the winter months are better. Softer ground/leafs, better for walk/stalk. I have shot one bull on a stalk, but made a poor hit and didn’t recover. I’ve killed 1-2 others from trees at water or “crawls” (where they cross under the fence).

We were supposed to be there about 3 weeks ago but the ranch guides recommended we reschedule as they felt the population took a pretty hard hit last winter in the major cold spell TX had in January this year. They said they found “several” (not sure how many that is) good bulls dead the weeks after that. Those exotics just aren’t built for those conditions.

It’s a fun hunt, but limited places to hunt them (especially archery) and the prices are really creeping up (like everything else).

—Jim

13-Aug-21

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
My all time favorite species to hunt , ever want to talk Nilgia feel free to call me

13-Aug-21

13-Aug-21

• Sitka Gear