Sivart 19-Aug-21
Buskill 19-Aug-21
Potro 19-Aug-21
Recurveaholic77 20-Aug-21
keepemsharp 20-Aug-21
Dale06 20-Aug-21
Chief 419 20-Aug-21
15-Aug-21
I've gone over all the old threads in search of the best hunting boot and one of the posts made sense to me. Try all the boots on, and find what fits your foot. I've been on the search for awhile now. Looking for a medium height leather, non insulated(or lightly insulated, waterproof boot. Crispi West river fit great in the heal, but was real roomy up at the toes and around balls of the feet. Not sure if this would be great or not. Kenetrek hurt in the arch too much. Keens were ok. Need to still try on the Lowa's. So far the Zamberlan 4014 Lynx Mid have fit my feet the best. Question for anyone who has these or another Zamberlan that has the BOA lacing System. If the mal function or break, does Zamberlan back them and replace them. The salesman at Cabela's said he's had two customers come back and ask him about there's that broke and he told them to contact Zamberlan. He didn't know how it was handled. Any further advice or opinions would be appreciated Thnx

15-Aug-21

15-Aug-21
Just read something about a guy whose BOA system failed on Day 1 of a hunt. No thanks! A spare pair of laces costs diddly and weighs an ounce.

15-Aug-21
Yeah, I’d probably go with the 1014 Lynx and stay away from the BOA system. It looks pretty trendy and seems like they’ll discontinue it soon. I’m a Lowa fan myself but will admit I’ve never tried Zamberlan boots.

15-Aug-21
Hoffman Boots

15-Aug-21
I recently bought the Zamberlan 966 Saguaro GTX RR and love them. Haven't really put them to the test yet to see how waterproof they are.

I would stay far away from the BOA system. Just seems like more things that can go wrong or break.

15-Aug-21

jordanathome's Link
Love my Asolo's....in wide

15-Aug-21
Just purchased these from Schnees about 2 months ago and have been wearing them almost daily to break them in. Love them so far. Comfortable and definitely durable. They’re the “Divide Mid Men’s”. Can’t give any feedback as to hunting in them yet but will give an update come end of September.

15-Aug-21

LUNG$HOT's Link
Link.

16-Aug-21
I have been wearing the same pair of ll bean technical bird boots with the boa system for three years. I did notice yesterday that some of the coating is wearing off but I am going to see how long they will last. Have two more pair on reserve. Also out of the four other guys running this boa system I know they have had zero issues. Some of those boots are four or five years old. With 30 days a year chasing birds.

18-Aug-21
Thanks all for your help and advice. Must of tried on a dozen different brands. Went with the crispi briksdal. So far they feel great on the feet. Gradually increasing walking distance each day.

Ohio hunter, yes went to rei, they probably had less than half of the boots in my size, I'm a size 12. Inventory was low. They said only way to try them on was to buy them, ship to store and return if you didn't like them. Good luck all this fall, less than two weeks till headed off to elk camp.

18-Aug-21

19-Aug-21
Ohio You are spot on. It came down to crispi or lowas for my feet.

19-Aug-21
My feet prefer Lowa

19-Aug-21
Agree with Ermine. I'm cannot find a boot more comfortable than the Lowa Renegade. Some will say it doesn't have enough ankle support. I disagree. The Lowa has a wider toe box, which is a must for me.

19-Aug-21
Kenetrek for me. I can’t imagine buying anything else at this point. I do have a friend, however, that gets hot spots from his. Everyone is different. I’ve never had the slightest trouble.

19-Aug-21
I had been using Meindl for long time with good results

20-Aug-21
4x4 crocs and when it gets cold insulated crocs!!

20-Aug-21
Have big toes that have developed frozen joints on top of big toes and even wides rub on them. Have tried stretching some leather boots with wedging in round items and soaking but seldom gives me the needed clearance.

20-Aug-21
Boots are a personal thing, they must fit just right. I’ve tried several and got me Crispi Colorado fit well, and they keep my feet dry in wet grass. Your feet and hunting conditions may find a boot that works better for you.

20-Aug-21
Lowa. Give them a try.

• Sitka Gear