Tall Paul 15-Aug-21
midwest 15-Aug-21
Tall Paul 15-Aug-21
Lost Arra 15-Aug-21
Tall Paul 16-Aug-21
ben h 16-Aug-21
Lost Arra 17-Aug-21
15-Aug-21
Hello all, I have a Rock Climbing Harness that I want to use this fall. I will not be using a full length lifeline. I hang and remove my Hang-on stand every climb. My question: what rope/strap do you use to attach the RC harness to the tree? Thanks in advance, Paul

15-Aug-21
Samson Predator

15-Aug-21
Thanks for the help Midwest. I see that Samson Predator comes in all sorts of lengths and splices and other options. Is there a model you recommend as a tether? Thanks again, Paul

15-Aug-21
Beal Dyna Clip 75cm. Girth hitch to harness and carabiner on other end that attaches to prussic on life line. Very simple, very safe

16-Aug-21
I've already purchased a Hunter Safety System "Rope-style Tree Strap" that goes around the tree, and then you push the Prussic knot up to keep the rope from sliding down the tree. So what I need, I guess, is something to run from the Prussic knot to the front of my Rock Climbing Harness.

16-Aug-21
I'd use a piece of webbing and a "water knot". Google that knot and there are tons of videos and it's super easy and a solid knot, widely used in rock climbing. Personally, I'd ditch the prussic and buy a "big wall ascender", which is the modern version of the prussic; it is more expensive, but much easier to use and climbers rely on them 100's of feet in the air.

17-Aug-21
See above. That is exactly what the Dyna Clip does. I'll attempt to post photo

The prussic is not involved in keeping the strap on the tree. It's sole function is a connection point for you at whatever height you choose.

• Sitka Gear