Shawn 19-Aug-21
t-roy 19-Aug-21
Stickflingers 20-Aug-21
Tonybear61 20-Aug-21
DL 21-Aug-21
Pat Lefemine 21-Aug-21
t-roy 21-Aug-21
15-Aug-21
I am thinking of making an ozone closet for my hunting clothes this fall. Anyone know of a non-hunting ozone generator that is cost effective?

15-Aug-21
I bought the Excavator one on Amazon. It’s about $45. I use the tube on it and plug it into a big Rubbermaid tub with some of my hunting clothes. It’s works very well. I’m sure it would work in a closet.

16-Aug-21
I do the same as Blood. I’m now more mindful of the amount of clothing in the bin. I used to pack it full and not leave any room for circulation. Stuff came out smelling like it did when I started the generator. Now I do the least amount each time and try to have as much as open air as possible in the bin.

16-Aug-21
Waste of money

16-Aug-21
slate X2

16-Aug-21
Careful what you put in there too. I've heard it can ruin some synthetic clothing.

16-Aug-21
Slate X3.

16-Aug-21
It definitely takes the smell out of hats, boots and underarm funk baked into your shirts. :)

Good luck guys. :)

16-Aug-21
I gotta agree with you blood. I don’t ozone everything but socks boots underarm funk shirts and hats for sure

17-Aug-21
Guys ozone works in small spaces, and yes it will keep your stored clothes scent free. However, as soon as you take them out of the closet scent gets all over them, and your body is constantly shed skin/scent and no matter what your doing scent is on you. Save your money , hunt the wind. Take that money and buy a HECS suit ?? I would rather buy a 10dollar can of nose jammer and try to confuse a whitetails nose, because you'll never going to be scent free, that is one of the all time greatest sales pitches by the hunting manufacturers , a billion dollar a year industry.

17-Aug-21
Thanks, Blood for the only positive comment. Guys, I didn't ask for your opinion if they work or not. I've done my homework on the technology and you'd be a fool to think it doesn't work. We were using this stuff in the early 2000s to remove odours from a musty basement before it was a thought in the hunting industry. $45 for a unit doesn't seem that bad of an investment. Hell guys pay $100 for a broadhead that doesn't kill any better than a standard head. Playing the wind is a given no brainer, but deer don't always follow the script and if you want to hunt a stand more than once it doesn't hurt to try and mask your presence the best you can.

17-Aug-21
Of course you can never be scent free.

17-Aug-21
Junkie, go buy one and see for yourself, the only opinion that counts is yours. Ozone has been beat to death out here and there is that segment of the market that are believers, so buy it and see if it makes a difference for you. If nothing else your mental attitude will make you feel better so go for it.

17-Aug-21
Seriously, I did not ask for your opinion on if it works. Go piss in someone else's corn flakes. Go read the question again. I asked if there was a specific non-hunting ozone generator that works. Some people just want to put their 2 cents in where it doesn't belong.

17-Aug-21
I like multiple trash bags full of pine branches and foligage from where I hunt stuffed in my gear in a big storage container. I feel like it's way more effective. Try it, 6 months later you smell your clothes and it just smells like leaves. And it's free.

Think about it... no scent + your scent < habitat scent + your scent

17-Aug-21
I did that when I first started too.

18-Aug-21
What LBshooter said. Why can’t hunters get this through their thick heads.

18-Aug-21
Slate, it's proven odor killing technology. Pretty easy to see just who has the thick head.

18-Aug-21
"Hell guys pay $100 for a broadhead that doesn't kill any better than a standard head." x2

18-Aug-21
^^^^ $100 for a 3 pack and they may not kill better they just fly better ;P

I don't remember a single bowsite thread in the history of bowsite where every poster adhered strictly to the question asked to the OP. People add their insights and opinions. It's the nature of forums. If that bothers you, best not ask questions on a forum. Stick to asking someone in person where you can cuss them out the moment they deviate from the free advice you were seeking. You have to expect to filter.

18-Aug-21
Seriously Adam? I had 2 responses that were on topic and of all people I'd expect you to have a bit of decorum. At least the real winners on Bowsite have me some good advice via pm. I've been on Bowsite since 2005 and it hasn't been that bad. I honestly just wanted a response about non-hunting Ozone generators, but I guess that's unacceptable.

18-Aug-21
Time to go hunting boys! This time of year always gets salty! YEE HAA! Almost there.

18-Aug-21
Honestly David, I'm glad you got the info you were looking for. I think you're a really great guy. Just don't see the need to cuss guys out for standard forum behavior. I know I myself offered a piece of info for the purposes of helping you even though it was a shade off topic. I know you own synthetic clothing. Seemed like you were upset with anything but the literal answer to your question. Glad you got your help.

19-Aug-21
AirZone, commercial unit. The small one is around 400 bucks. It's no home though. It produces 100 times more than the garbage Ozonics and such sell. Just do not saturate your rubber boots or stuff with elastic. I use mine in a 10x14 room set up high on a ladder and lay or hang my stuff below it. Works wonders on hunting trips to cleanse your hunting clothes.

19-Aug-21
I turned one of my closets in the basement into an ozoneicatifier. Not sure that’s the proper term…

I bought a small unit with a built in timer, off eBay, for less than $75. It puts out plenty of ozone. First thing in the morning, I turn the timer on for 20-30 minutes, then jump in the shower. By the time I hop out of the shower, the clothes have been exposed and hopefully treated enough to neutralize whatever odors/microorganisms were there.

20-Aug-21
I like Turtles!

20-Aug-21
Only way you can become scent free is via a class A hazmat suit connected to a charcoal/ aluminum oxide combined absorbent canister on the exhalation valve. But they don't come in camo. Vast majority of your scent comes from your breath, that's why the mosquitoes always find you.

Play the wind, stay quiet, eliminate excessive movement. Good luck.

21-Aug-21
Anything made of rubber will age super fast.

Going into a room with ozone is dangerous to your health, so you will need to wait for a bit before” going in. Ozone settles after 2-3 hours and the molecules detach to become regular, safe-to-breathe oxygen again. Be sure to wait a few hours after shutting off an ozone generator before going back in.”

21-Aug-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Portable closet
Portable closet
I made one last year to store my hunting gear and deodorize it. Very simple and both items in total were less than $100 on Amazon with free shipping.

21-Aug-21
Pat……..Is that the new Sitka “Urban” camo patterns hanging in your closet in the pic?…

• Sitka Gear