arky 17-Aug-21
Mailman 19-Aug-21
Northern boy 22-Aug-21
Northern boy 22-Aug-21
EMB 23-Aug-21
arlone 25-Aug-21
Owl 25-Aug-21
15-Aug-21
How do you display a bear hide (not a rug) ?

Please post a picture if you can.

15-Aug-21

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Mines a bit out of control… but this is what I do. We have bears in nearly every room of our house. It’s ridiculous.

16-Aug-21
I never had the problem Nick does.

I Have hung them vertically, draped them over things, laid them on the floor

Unfortunately after years of moving them all around the house from floors to suspended. mine were all rolled up and put away.

So then eventually gave them all away, also gave the standing bear mount away. All to relatives and people that appreciate them.

I also have a moose, Elk, deer and turkey mount in a friends business. And gave many other mounts away to Make room.

And oddly enough I still have a mature mule deer at the taxidermist that will Most likely be my last mount. He had such a beast of a body, head and neck and marked up with scars face I had to get it done

17-Aug-21

arky's embedded Photo
arky's embedded Photo
I made a “frame” and put some hooks under it to hold the bow as well. I’m happy with it

19-Aug-21

22-Aug-21

Northern boy's embedded Photo
The hooks were ordered off of Amazon.
Northern boy's embedded Photo
The hooks were ordered off of Amazon.

22-Aug-21

23-Aug-21

EMB's embedded Photo
EMB's embedded Photo
Wow! i'm feeling a mite inadequate. But here's what I did with my one and only.

25-Aug-21
Nick, do you skin them cased, I can't tell? Dwight Shuh had a"Bowhunter Magazine" column about his bear hides. Had been skinning them cased and displaying like your's. Your's do look nice like that.

25-Aug-21
Nice display, Nick.

I'm at a point with taxidermy that I'll just leave the hide in the field. With a couple of exceptions. ;)

• Sitka Gear