BULELK1 19-Aug-21
BULELK1 19-Aug-21
BULELK1 19-Aug-21
jordanathome 19-Aug-21
Firsty 19-Aug-21
bad karma 19-Aug-21
DanaC 20-Aug-21
17-Aug-21
I know, I know! This Horse is dead, BUT. Kinda tired of the same ole same every year. Wanting to hear what folks are taking in the pack for a days worth of food (excluding dinners, will be back at base camp most nights). Looking for some quick breakfast, snack and lunch ideas. Hopefully some revolutionaries have reinvented the wheel! If not, cliff bars again it is ;-)

17-Aug-21
Always take my trail mix made with stuff I like. 1 small bag is enough for all day. Gummy bears for a treat. Easy peazy

17-Aug-21
Wow EmtptyStomach (LOL) goes a lot lighter than I do! I usually have a bag of mixed nuts, bars, a sandwich, dried fruit and a couple of gels for quick boost (Hammer gel, Cliff Shot). I prefer bars that include protein and fat; typically Hammer, Go Macro, or Luna Nut Butter. I'd rather have too much food than not enough. One never knows when the day's activities lead late into the night and turn into packing the first load of meat out!

17-Aug-21
No out west elk hunting for me but I always have some trail mix, water, venison meat stick or two. And always have some sort of candy/sugar tab as a type 2 diabetic. Just incase. I’ve never had a issue getting low except on empty stomach with a lot of strenuous activity.

17-Aug-21

17-Aug-21
I bring a lot of food. I eat breakfast in camp….granola with protein powder mixed with powdered milk or a mountain house. Then I go….Apple, trail mix, jerky, 2 PBnJ’s, 2 bacon and PB tortillas, 2 protein bars, and some type of snack like peanut M&M’s. All wrapped up in a gallon ziplock for easy access. Plus 3 liters of water in my bladder. Maybe a Gatorade in my side pocket too, if it’s hot.

17-Aug-21
Blood! I’m not a small guy and feel like I eat too much as it is, but........That’s a lot of food!!! Lol

17-Aug-21
Lol. 6’2” 225lbs…. I need the calories! Some days I don’t eat it all. ;)

17-Aug-21
I usually have a variety of candy bars, cereal type bars, and or protein bars with me. Could also have trail mix or just nuts. I usually either have a spam packet or lemon tuna packet with me as well. Some days jerky and 1 of those hard cheeses in wax covering. What works for me over the years is variety. Too much of the same thing every day gets old. This year going to take those nutella and cracker containers my kids get for snacks.

17-Aug-21
Blood you got any room for gear and meat on the way out!?!

17-Aug-21
Breakfast is the same as Blood for me.

Dried fruit, jerky, trail mix, a payday, maybe some cookies or something during the day. I have the hardest time making myself eat it all, even though I'm burning a ton of calories.

Mountain House after dark...rinse and repeat for 12 days!

17-Aug-21
A couple of those single-pack cherry pies, a couple chocolate bars, a couple sandwiches. My favorite is whole grain bread, peanut butter and honey. If it's cold I'll bring 3. A thermos of coffee and a bottle of water.

17-Aug-21
Pepperoni in stick form, couple granola bars, cashews with dehydrated banana slices and peanut M&M’s and deer jerky.

I don’t always carry all that. But one thing I carry every time is the deer jerky.

17-Aug-21
Perfect PB bar or 2, baby bell cheese and deer or goose jerky, pack of trail mix, Heathers Choice Macaroon, maybe some dehydrated fruit.

17-Aug-21
Granola bar or two. Mix of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Dried banana chips. Sulfured Apple slices. Water.

17-Aug-21
Breakfast -- 3 packets of instant oatmeal (strawberries & cream or peaches & cream) and a glass of milk. Most days it's 3 chewy bars, few of those small candy bars, trail mix, and lots of water with propel in it.

17-Aug-21
granola bar when i leave tent coffee and hot breakfast after initial rush 2 tuna, trail mix, candy bar, g2 for lunch candy bar or power bar mid afternoon freeze dried dinner with cookie and snack bed time snack

17-Aug-21
You guys picnicking or hunting?? Kidding. My daytime stuff in the pack is homemade trail mix and a few granola bars. Plenty for this 6-1 215 guy. These food threads always make me think of wilderness canoe trips. I minimize food/cooking time. Many others pack to see how gourmet they can cook in the wild on a canoe trip. And some are pretty awesome meals. I just prefer to focus on the adventure and save the cooking for at home. Probably why I don't have many partners on a trip!!

17-Aug-21
Dukes sausage links from costco, cheese crackers with peanut butter, gummy bears (basically same content as the popular “gels”). Those are my go-to’s. They taste good after 7 days and that is key for me. Power bars, protein bars etc…..not so much.

18-Aug-21
Not much here, a Probar meal bar and a couple bolt energy packs. Breakfast and dinner are Peak refuel. Its adequate and quick. No messes for the bears to sniff out. I have all food and wrappers in a scent proof bag in the bear bag up a tree.

18-Aug-21
A big bag of Dots pretzels

18-Aug-21
elk jerky, elk beef sticks, pepperoni, salami, cheese, apples, candy, tortillas i snack on the jerky ,beef sticks, and candy thru out the day and lunch time eat pepperoni and salami, cheese with tortillas. plus lots of water.

18-Aug-21
Coffee in camp, blueberry muffin/granola bar while walking. Trail mix, elk sticks/jerky & candy bars all day, lunch meat put on a croissant, peaches/choc pudding for snack.

18-Aug-21
One breakfast burrito per guy in camp per day. Make all your burritos at home, we use more than one kind of sausage and cheeses, and eggs, wrap them in tinfoil individually and then vacuum package them. So if 4 guys are in camp 4 burritos in each package. Keep frozen until consumption day, then that morning boil the whole vacuum bag for say 10 minutes. Open bag take out burrito and keep it in tinfoil until ready to eat. Enjoy on the mountain. Thank me later!!

18-Aug-21
Breakfast - oatmeal and coffee. In my pack - Couple of granola/protein bars, 1 candy bar, couple sticks of jerky, bag of trail mix. Packet of flavored electrolytes to add to water bottle if needed.

18-Aug-21
Starbucks VIA coffee, EmergenC, 6 oz of granola w/ powdered milk, Honey Stinger (HS) Cracker bar with protein, Ostrim elk stick, HS protein bar, Justin's Hazelnut, HS energy gel w/caffeine, HS Waffle, HS electrolyte and a mountain house meal. 2700 calories, 148 Fat, 256 carbs, 91 Protein.

18-Aug-21
Plenty of water, couple granola bars, some type of fruit and a sammie. Oh, I also pack a mini bottle of Crown Royal just in case a celebration is in order!!!!

18-Aug-21
Good suggestions all. In addition I take bagels. Plain, blueberry, cinnamon and raisin. I put peanut butter in the middle. Lots of energy in that mix

18-Aug-21
I'm a little guy compared to Blood, but I'm with him. Breakfast at camp, cereal w/fruit of some type, banana or orange, and a protein drink. Lunch: sandwich (ham or PB-won't spoil), apple, carrots/celery, HB egg all in gallon z-bag. Snacks: Gorp, energy and cliff bars, extra apple or orange also in the gallon z-bag. 100 oz water in my bladder and an extra bottle in my pack. The amount of water/snacks I take depends on what I expect to do. If I expect to be moving a lot or recovering game, I take a lot of my snacks. I've gone the other way and crashed (exercise related hypoglycemia). Not fun at all. My fault, I was not paying attention and forgot to nibble.

18-Aug-21
MH chili mac and 2cans of beenie weenies. Maybe a hard boiled egg or 2.

18-Aug-21
Thanks guys, some good suggestions. Cherry pies, Hard boiled eggs, baby bell cheese, banana chips (potassium), got some dukes jerky sticks from Costco last night. Also grabbed a box of those “uncrustable” Frozen PBJ sandwiches. Figured easy to throw a couple in the ziplock in the morning. Like the idea of the pre-made breakfast burritos as well. Kinda worry about the tortilla getting soggy tho.

18-Aug-21
typically gone all day so have big meal mid day because i am wiped out by the time we get back to camp and only have a few hours to sleep. oatmeal or pop tarts for breakfast with coffee, two bars of some kind during the day, mountain house for lunch with a snicker bar for desert, peanut m&ms, bag of jerkey and then a small snack back at camp before bed.

18-Aug-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
thin wheat, peanut butter, jelly, cran raisin sandwich
thin wheat, peanut butter, jelly, cran raisin sandwich
dried apples slices, jerky
dried apples slices, jerky
need I say more?
need I say more?

18-Aug-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Nothing warms you up better than a hot breakfast while sitting in the stand on a frosty cold morning. A cup of hot chocolate and some Kit Kat bars toasted on one these little disposable stoves, really hits the spot.

19-Aug-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I make this mix of Dot's and a mixture of different goodies

Good luck, Robb

19-Aug-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

19-Aug-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
They eat/taste great and are easy to pack.

Enjoy,

Robb

19-Aug-21
snack ziplock bag of trail mix with a nice balance of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanuts, cashews, almonds, golden raisins and cranberries. A couple meat sticks. A couple bags of honey stinger gels for that quick pick me up when needed. I plan to do my big meal back in camp during lunch so I'm not fumbling around in the dark trying to cook and eat.

19-Aug-21
Chocolate, caffeine pills, mountain dew and cigarettes

19-Aug-21
Salami, mortadella, proscuitto and good cheese........doesn't take much to keep you full. Quality meat satisfies faster. And an orange or two...

20-Aug-21
I just picked up some 'FROG* jam' and looking forward to trying it with peanut butter. I generally got burned out on pbj's during my school years but for an easy stick-to-your-ribs sandwich it's still a solid choice. Fair balance of fats, carbs and protein.

*Figs, Raspberry, Orange and Ginger - it's made in the Amish country. Mixed it with good bbq sauce and glazed some wings, incredibly good!

• Sitka Gear