SDHNTR(home) 21-Aug-21
Slinging shafts 23-Aug-21
SDHNTR(home) 23-Aug-21
Bowfreak 23-Aug-21
midwest 23-Aug-21
18-Aug-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Never used these but wish other mech brands had the option to lock the blades closed for practice. Such a great idea for so many reasons.

18-Aug-21
Sevr broadheads can lock

18-Aug-21
It's a guarantee someone (most likely me) would forget to unlock it and shoot it at an animal.

18-Aug-21
Would never shoot these. Absolute garbage

18-Aug-21
like spike said sevr's have the locking screw, and are a much better bh, I would never the locking screw as they hit with the field tips every time

18-Aug-21
I forgot the Sevr's had that option, too.

18-Aug-21
Used a 125 grain 1.25 inch Swhacker for the first time on Turkeys this Season, can't complain about the outcome.

18-Aug-21
The Ulmer Edge had this and since Easton took over and call them SEVR they have the same option.

18-Aug-21
I’ve shot SevR and Swhacker. The difference is comparable to a 1 ton truck built in the 80’s and a half ton built today. Both will get you there but the SevR is solidly constructed. The swhacker is probably a great turkey head though. I agree they should all have a locking screw.

18-Aug-21
I love them on my smaller Florida deer. I don’t take them out west/Midwest

18-Aug-21
Agree with slinging shafts. They must pay Levi a lot to shoot and hype those BHs.

18-Aug-21
Slinging shafts and Dale06, what kind of bad experiences did you have with the #261 Levi Morgan Series Swhackers?

18-Aug-21
For 1 they have Levi Morgan’s name on them. Can’t stand him.

18-Aug-21
Bottom line.

Love them or hate them, can’t argue with success people have had with them.

They sure look like they would work on turkeys.

18-Aug-21
“ For 1 they have Levi Morgan’s name on them. Can’t stand him.”

Great argument against them

18-Aug-21
These and slick tricks raptor trick have one fundamental design issue that I just can't get past... Opening blades on the inside (cavity wall for example), when you're never guaranteed an exit, means small entrances on the only hole you ARE guaranteed. Why wouldn't you want to have maximized odds of a good bloodtrail if things go south and the arrow stops half way through....

I was part to the raptor trick development, though I didn't agree with the design, and the logic behind this design was to keep the blades "fresh" and conserve a small amount of energy.

There are fundamentally better options.

18-Aug-21
Only argument needed. He’s a great shooter but is a clown , his wife is even worse. Lol

18-Aug-21
I have not used them. I’m a fixed head only shooter. I like two, one inch or larger holes in big game. The opening of the blades after being inside the animal is in my view, not a good concept at all. It makes a smaller entry, but more importantly that missle tip out front and the wide blades reduce penetration.

18-Aug-21
Would never shoot these. Absolute garbage

18-Aug-21
Most worthless mechanical I've ever hunted with. Failed to open on my 2015 buck and I shot him again a few weeks later in rifle season, finally killing him with a .308. I did a semi live hunt on it and showed the inside of the hide and what the Shwacker did not accomplish. Shot a Turkey with it once and when I recovered the arrow, the blades were bent like aluminum.

19-Aug-21
Lost my biggest buck due to schwacker broadheads. Will never use them again. Hit him almost perfectly quartering away but the area went in less than 6inches. A muzzy would have blown thru easily. The buck ran 50yards fell over and got back up 10minutes later and never saw him again. I'll use rage for mechanical, muzzy for fixed blade & ravin broadheads for my crossbow.

19-Aug-21
Sevr are amazing! Best Mech's on the market

19-Aug-21
For those of you loving on Sevrs. I want to like them too as I like the design, but they rattle so damn bad in the quiver they are a non starter! Makes my bow so loud at the shot. Push them into foam to keep them quiet and the blades deploy. Lame! Totally worthless with a foam less mechanical quiver hood too! How do you guys keep these things quiet in the quiver? Or did I just get a bad batch? I have 1.5, 1.7 and the 2” and they all are rattletraps.

What irritates me even more is I called their customer service to ask for suggestions. Middle of the business day on a Tuesday. No one answered the phone. Message said to send an email via their website. Did that and no response. Not a good sign of a company who cares. Frustrated.

19-Aug-21
No they rattle! I contacted them and was told to bend the little washer in there. That worked for a bit. Also, it's a pain to out back together. The only solution I see that I can do is put a rubber band on them, that worked for me.

19-Aug-21
There is a solution to rattling mechanicals………

20-Aug-21
The 262 levi morgan series is a cool looking head, basically a ramcat

20-Aug-21
Been using Swhackers for almost 20 years (they were called Sonorans then). They fly very well, and I've killed a lot of critters with them.

20-Aug-21
I've never had a Sevr rattle in my quiver???

20-Aug-21
Sivart, what’s your quiver setup?

20-Aug-21
Just tighten that little screw and it will quit rattling. ;-)

20-Aug-21
Only argument needed. He’s a great shooter but is a clown , his wife is even worse. Lol

How is he a clown? He may be one of the most respectful archers in the industry. Who gets people into the sport of archery.

20-Aug-21
Nothing wrong with Swhackers. I have killed a few turkeys with the 150dr 3" cut heads. I actually have been impressed with them to the point of possibly trying out some of their smaller cut heads on deer.

20-Aug-21
My fixed blades don’t rattle ;)

21-Aug-21
Just sent Sevr a second Customer Service inquiry.

21-Aug-21
I got 13 sevr's in the mail yesterday, 7 1.5s and 6 2", I tested one of each, no rattle, they may have fixed that issue

21-Aug-21
Screw one on your arrow and tap it on your hand in the middle. No rattle?

23-Aug-21
Nocturnal, John Dudley blows him away. How much free content has levi put out? John Dudley puts out content weekly

23-Aug-21
We’ll Sevr CS got back to me. They offered to send me 6 new free broadheads which they say are of a better design to address the rattling issue. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

23-Aug-21
The Sevr 1.5 is a perfect example of trade offs for broadheads. It flies awesome, is tougher than many fixed heads, I can resharpen the blades on a KME and it has the lockdown feature for practice. However, the blood trails are pretty unimpressive.

23-Aug-21
"How much free content has levi put out?"

His "Bowlife Boot Camp" series on YouTube among plenty of other content and a pretty good podcast, "On the Line". The extremes he goes through setting up his bow and building arrows is unreal.

He seems like a very humble Christ and family loving man to me but I don't know him personally. Maybe you do?

• Sitka Gear