midwest 23-Aug-21
Darrell 24-Aug-21
smarba 24-Aug-21
Will 24-Aug-21
Darrell 24-Aug-21
18-Aug-21

Darrell's embedded Photo
Darrell's embedded Photo
I leave two weeks from today for a top secret, no else will be there CO OTC area.

Ok, maybe that's more than a little optimistic, but maybe this year it won't be overrun because of how bad it got hit the last time I was there. Maybe others will have said "never again" and gone elsewhere?

Ok, maybe still too optimistic. However, I made sure to mark waypoints and plans for where the elk had apparently been the week before I arrived the last time when I was there middle of the month.

3 arrows with broadheads, one old style big snuffer and two newer SS snuffers. Bow's tuned. I'm shooting well and in better shape than I thought I would be so it will be fun regardless.

However, once again I'm an idiot for taking one round of three shots at the same aiming point. Ruined the middle arrow and left the old style snuffer in the middle of my broadhead target. :(

23-Aug-21
Go get 'em!!!

23-Aug-21
How much force did it take to stab those arrows into the target like that.

Lol just kidding.

23-Aug-21
You're braver than me. I work hard building "perfect" arrows. I do not want to ruin any of them during tuning or practice or miss and lose them. So, I do the one arrow group. I shoot each and every arrow and remove the shot arrow before I shoot the next one. But, impressive group. Good luck on your hunt.

23-Aug-21
Killem allllllll!

23-Aug-21

PO Cedar's embedded Photo
PO Cedar's embedded Photo
Just back from looking over the area...predicting early Fall here...

23-Aug-21
Good luck !

23-Aug-21
Nothing like a chill of an early fall..

23-Aug-21
Lookin good. Hope you get a chance.

23-Aug-21
Good luck !

23-Aug-21
Good Luck!! Your going make the most of it!!

23-Aug-21
Best of luck, Darrell!

24-Aug-21
Well, the lowest High from Yesterday through Sunday here is 96 with sticky humidity so getting to altitude and dry air next week is going to feel great even if I don't see or hear any elk.

24-Aug-21
Well it's humid here in NM too Darrell, although should still be better than you're used to. Holler if you need anything and can't wait to read a success report from you. Take lots of photos! Carl

24-Aug-21
Have a great time. Be safe, shoot well, pack out strong!

24-Aug-21
Carl, What you call "humid" would be a dry day in most places so I'm not taking too much from that. :) (In fact it says 13% in Abq today so I'm not hearing it at all)

Weather report in my OTC area for today is 11% humidity. Its 50% here which is actually low for us but still way too much for this transplanted high mountain desert guy.

• Sitka Gear