WYelkhunter 21-Aug-21
WYelkhunter 21-Aug-21
Sivart 21-Aug-21
WV Mountaineer 21-Aug-21
Jaquomo 21-Aug-21
Darrell 22-Aug-21
WapitiBob 22-Aug-21
20-Aug-21
What GPS unit with property lines would you recommend for elk hunting?

21-Aug-21
Your iPhone or Android IMO works as well or better than any other handheld gps unit with the added benefit of having 100s of other uses while afield. Carry a spare battery bank in place of a gps and thank yourself later.

21-Aug-21
I agree. In my opinion your phone with Gaia gps. In airplane mode battery lasts as long as a dedicated gps unit. With life proof style cases they are just as durable. Even with spare battery pack they are lighter than dedicated gps and spare batteries. I have found my phone to be accurate also.

21-Aug-21
I agree. In my opinion your phone with Gaia gps. In airplane mode battery lasts as long as a dedicated gps unit. With life proof style cases they are just as durable. Even with spare battery pack they are lighter than dedicated gps and spare batteries. I have found my phone to be accurate also.

21-Aug-21
I agree. Use phone for the majority of navigating, mainly with OnX. I have an inreach as a backup gps.

21-Aug-21
I carry a cheapo Garmin Dakota with the state chip in it. For the sone reason of having a way to backup waypoints I add. I use the phone For everything else.

21-Aug-21
Phone with Gaia and OnX, Garmin GPS with DIY Hunting chip because that shows old decommissioned roads and trails that neither Gaia or OnX show.

22-Aug-21
Now what I want OnX or Gaia to add is connectivity to my Garmin watch. If I could hit "go to waypoint X" on my phone and then my watch give me the directions it would be much easier. I.e. if my watch kept updating 1.4 miles at 172 degrees, that would be fantastic.

22-Aug-21
You can backup waypoints off onx easily.

• Sitka Gear