wvfarrier 25-Aug-21
Buckeye 25-Aug-21
Slate 25-Aug-21
Rickm 25-Aug-21
Rut Nut 25-Aug-21
Mule Power 26-Aug-21
wvfarrier 26-Aug-21
21-Aug-21
I just got notified that I was selected for a Pennsylvania Elk License. I was called by North Central Regional Office but do not know what zone yet. Super excited!!

21-Aug-21
Congratulations!

21-Aug-21
Awesome! Bull or cow, rifle or bow, your gonna have fun. Congrats.

21-Aug-21
Awesome!!! I got my points this year again. Didn’t enter to draw tho.

21-Aug-21
They just now tell you? Not much time to develop a plan get time off work etc. Good luck!

21-Aug-21
John, the drawing started at 1pm today. Anybody have a link to the draw results?

21-Aug-21
I drew a late season cow tag in zone 5 (Jan 1st-8th). Im researching the area now as I dont know much about it.

21-Aug-21
John,

This is the PA elk draw. Elk expo this weekend. Pretty much if you draw a bull tag you drop any other plans and they know it. Possibly the best bull elk tag there is for a chance at a big bull.

21-Aug-21
Late cow hunt. 5 is south west of Benezette. If you don't have a plan in place already you will hear from all of the outfitters. Good luck and enjoy.

21-Aug-21
Congrats man.

21-Aug-21
There are some HUGE bulls congrat's

21-Aug-21
Congrats!

21-Aug-21
I have been applying for 17 years and opted for a preference point this year. 2nd year applying for archery (also a preference point this year) Good luck to you !!!!

21-Aug-21
I basically just applied with "Ill take anything". Its my 5th year of applying

21-Aug-21
Congratulations!

21-Aug-21
Congrats wv, hope you get a freezer full !

23-Aug-21
Ive talked to a couple outfitters. Apparently this is a really tough area to hunt with a low success rate but i plan to give it a whirl

24-Aug-21
I heard all hunts were good so I am curious what you drew if you do not mind me asking? I actually asked here in PA forums before applying if any units were not good and heard all had a lot of potential. I also usually apply I will take anything.

24-Aug-21
Cool. Have a blast!

24-Aug-21
DonVathome, I drew a zone 5 late season cow tag. My 5th year of applying with "Ill take anything"

24-Aug-21
Congrats, hope you have a blast hunting one of our PA elk!

24-Aug-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Congrats on the tag!

I studied the different units this year from their description in the PGC digest. It sounds like the elk in this unit move around a lot, are not as numerous as in other units, and spend a lot of time on private land. Therefore it was not in my top 5 for choices.

That said, I would have taken any tag I was drawn for as this is a very rare opportunity!

24-Aug-21

Rut Nut's Link
Here is a link with the description of each unit and a map if anyone is interested

25-Aug-21
Yeah, both guides I have talked too wont even take clients for hunts in zone 5.

25-Aug-21
you lucky dog!

25-Aug-21
Good luck

25-Aug-21
Don't be discouraged. Late season will congregate the elk on feed. Once you find them you should be in good shape. Might want to reach out to landowners and see if they get elk on their hay late. Elk hunting in PA. Is a novelty and very popular. I am guessing access in 5 to private won't be tough. The farmer may actually give her a ride on the tractor. Just don't ask to hunt deer!!!

25-Aug-21
I would call the PGC NorthCentral Regional office for more information.(570-398-4744) They might even be able to suggest some private landowners who are having trouble with Elk .................it says right in the description there are a lot of conflicts in the Weedville area. That’s where I would start if I were you. Just let them know you are a tag holder with a late season cow tag. I’m sure they could point you in the right direction.

26-Aug-21
Just get there a week early and scope it out right up until you’re hunting. But of course get up there now too!

26-Aug-21
Yeah I saw the weedville info, its about 4 hours from me so I plan to make some weekend trips.

• Sitka Gear