Scrappy 25-Aug-21
Milhouse 25-Aug-21
Knife2sharp 25-Aug-21
LINK 25-Aug-21
BullBuster 26-Aug-21
24-Aug-21

Milhouse's embedded Photo
Taril cam pics frim just a few minutes ago (8/24/21)..... what's up with this buck? Some kinda pie bald deal? Or something else?

24-Aug-21

Another one.....

24-Aug-21
Looks like he’s losing his summer coat, transitioning to winter coat.

24-Aug-21
^ my thoughts as well.

24-Aug-21
I've seen a lot of deer in that stage, I've never seen it loik like that.... along with the fact every other picture of everyone other deer right now is in the red/summer short hair stage. Not saying that's definitely not it, but just doesn't look right to me, especially for the time of year.

24-Aug-21
Piebald

24-Aug-21
Possibly some piebald coloration is what came to my mind first, as well. I also thought it might just be some shading issues with your camera, but if it’s not happening on the other deer in the other pics, that probably not what’s happening.

24-Aug-21

Here's a blown up, HD pic.....

24-Aug-21
Piebald vote here

24-Aug-21
Shedding- they are almost smooth skinned for a few days "silvery" I raised whitetails for 10 years

25-Aug-21
Yup piebald, I had a little doe come by my stand last year in November that had that same smokey coloration in spots with four white legs.

25-Aug-21
I'm kinda leaning towards 4nolz explanation now. It doesn't look defined enough to be piebald, and I got several pics of does yesterday, that are going from red to gray....

Anyway, nice little buck, with potential to do some with 2-3 more years under his belt.....

25-Aug-21
I saw this recently, either in a magazine or outdoor news, it's a form of mange deer can get.

25-Aug-21
Side effect of the COVID shot!

26-Aug-21

BullBuster's embedded Photo
BullBuster's embedded Photo
Hair loss from scratching at ticks. That the conclusion we’ve come up for my deer. Ticks out of control this year from heat and dryness.

• Sitka Gear