JL 29-Aug-21
JL 29-Aug-21
Finnman 29-Aug-21
Shuteye 30-Aug-21
Knife2sharp 30-Aug-21
Knife2sharp 30-Aug-21
DanaC 30-Aug-21
29-Aug-21
Anyone else having trouble with batteries this year. I only use Energizer Lithiums. Normally get thousands of pics and many months of use out of a set of 8. This year I've gotten as little as 53 pics from a brand new set. Bought 8 new yesterday, looked on back of package and it said 2018. No wonder, they're 3 years old. All stores around are the same, Wmart, Fleet. Did the factories shutdown due to covid. Doesn't make sense.

29-Aug-21
My bud and I order large batches. The date on the new ones coming in are 2040. I've seen newer ones at 2041.

29-Aug-21
The Energizer lithiums are fluky. Buddy bought a brand new set for his Fusion cam. Lasted a day and quit transmitting, went to the cam and wouldn't power on. Put some off brand alkalines in it, and that was 4 months ago. Ive used them in Cell Links, and they never show anything less than 100%. I quit getting pics and never know if it's the cam or CL. One set I brought home, and every one showed 1.58v, but they wouldn't even power a flashlight. I think the amperage drops in them. I must have a few dozen Energizer Lithiums that I think are still good. I'll just use them in something else, or burn them up in cams this winter.

29-Aug-21
^......What's the date on the batteries? Just because they are new in the pack doesn't mean they are fresh.

In Curt's case above.....IMO those batteries he has with a 2018 date were likely manufactured and packaged in the early 2000's or late 1990's.

29-Aug-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
These are the batteries I have coming. Their expiration or use by date is 12/2040. I think Curt's batteries are old ones.

29-Aug-21
The batteries say 2040, package says 2018. Bought at w-mart. Every store around is same. Must have been manufactured in 2018. I don't know what's going on. Always had great luck. This year not so much.

30-Aug-21
I buy big packs of batteries at Sam's Club and they last for thousands of pictures. Some of my Browning cameras take 8 batteries but the last one I bought only uses 6 batteries and it lasts as long as the other cameras and takes great pictures and videos. I love my Browning cameras.

30-Aug-21
Yeah, just picked up a Browning cam to replace a Spypoint Solardark that died in just under a year. I use it with a Cell Link, deployed it yesterday and I like it a lot. I like having the multiple resolution options for the CL, since you need lower res to have the interval setting low. Great features too, when I don't have it connected to a CL as well.

30-Aug-21
Just looked at my infantry of Wal Mart super soldiers, 2040 on batteries, and 2018 on package. Says 20 year shelf life - I should keep them on the shelf and not deploy them into battle.

30-Aug-21
Lithiums for cold, alkalines for warm weather. Buy them in bulk and change as needed. Of course it helps if your camera ain't two states away.

• Sitka Gear