Bou'bound 05-Oct-23
Tracker 05-Oct-23
Glunt@work 05-Oct-23
RonP 05-Oct-23
Vaquero 45 05-Oct-23
DonVathome 05-Oct-23
Sam 05-Oct-23
31-Aug-21
I’m going on a outfitters (horse back) elk hunt. Leg gaiters are on the recommended list.

Which leg gaiters would work best?

31-Aug-21
I have been using Kenetrek and they work fine... but have had minor issues with buckle that goes under the boot coming undone and the metal clip for toe laces isn't the best... My new Kuiu just arrived and the boot strap is adjustable using velcro inside the gaiter and the toe clip is plastic and a bit larger to hold onto the laces... In my opinion having only used around the house the Kuiu seem superior. Get the XL if you are over a 9.5 in size..

31-Aug-21

BULELK1's Link
I really enjoy my King's Camo pairs over the years.

Good luck, Robb

31-Aug-21
Kuiu or OR crocs. Hard to beat either one.

31-Aug-21
Love my KUIU's.

31-Aug-21
Kenetrek has worked well for me.

31-Aug-21
OR crocs have served me well over the years.

31-Aug-21
If you're crossing a creek or stepping in puddles, how does the gaiter keep water from getting inside your boot......or does it?

31-Aug-21
JL…..It doesn’t stop it completely, but unless your foot is submerged for several seconds, they do a great job of keeping, or at least, slowing the water from infiltrating.

I like my Kuiu gaiters.

31-Aug-21
They will allow you to cross water that would otherwise get in your bouts. But, they have limits too. You gotta be moving long. And, they ain’t waders.

31-Aug-21
Kuiu

31-Aug-21
Leg gaiters or leg chaps? Never heard of "leg gaiters" before....

I guess maybe leg gaiters would be full length instead of the half length hiking gaiters.

31-Aug-21
Priceless walking in snow, keep boots drier and pants dry. Same for early morning dew

31-Aug-21
A vote for kuiu as well The new OR have the buckle right at the btm of the boot is a really poor design that breaks right away

31-Aug-21
I have used Kennetreks for 4 years now. Very pleased with them. Also have a pair of Rivers West gaiters. They are much better for snow and cold, but are too hot otherwise. They have stretch rubber/velcro around the ankles, a metal string clip and do not have to attach under your boot to stay in place.

31-Aug-21
I use my kuiu ones because I have them and my vanity, but honestly, my Kenetrek ones have always been the most comfortable...

31-Aug-21
I never use the under-boot strap. It collects mud, and snow will build up on it into a frozen ice ball. Just a PIA. I hook the front hook into the front boot lace and have never had an issue with them riding up.

31-Aug-21
River Wesdt is had I had use for several years

31-Aug-21
I did recently pick up a pair of the new Stone Glacier gaiters for use this year. They seem to be way more durable than the Kenetrek's I've used the past few years.

31-Aug-21
Be sure they match your pants!!!

31-Aug-21
Greg, so true. I boguth6a pair of Salomon GTX Ultra boots on sale for about half price because they were sky blue. Now my whole hunting outfit is sky blue because I couldn't stand the mismatch.

31-Aug-21
Only gaiters I've ever had have been a pair of Kuiu I bought years ago and I have zero complaints. They can be like putting on a warm hug on a cold frosty morning ;)

31-Aug-21
If you hunt in sage brush, gaiters do a great job keeping your laces from getting grabbed-untied. I use Kuiu for elk but I've got some old Kenetrek (minus the understrap) worn over my Mucks with the barbed wire eaten uppers when deer hunting.

31-Aug-21
Sitka gaiters are really nice also.

31-Aug-21
I have a like new pair of Sitka for sale.

31-Aug-21
Kenetrek. Have had same pair now for 5 yrs. getting a bit worn but still in commission.

31-Aug-21
LMAO at Lou! I have an old pair of OR gaiters, under the shoe buckle, work great for me for dewy mornings crossing meadows or wet days in general. Anything to keep those socks from wicking in moisture!

31-Aug-21
I been thinkin about gaiters for snakes instead of snake boots

05-Oct-23
Thoughts

05-Oct-23
Outdoor Research OR Crocs have been the standard for years. I have many days on mine and they are still going strong and keep my legs dry. I wear them every day on my western deer and elk hunts.

05-Oct-23
I have cheap pair (Pike Trail) that so far are great. Not quiet.

05-Oct-23
i started wearing them a number of years back and really like them. they add some warmth to my lower legs and feet that seem to get cold quick, and of course keep them dry. i have used the kenetrek and kuiu kutana, and like them both.

05-Oct-23
I'am not a G fan boy but really like my Peax . Don't know if there rebranded like lots of stuff out there .

05-Oct-23
My Kentrecks have held up well.

05-Oct-23
I got some kings camo ones off camo fire really cheap and they have performed just fine.

• Sitka Gear