smarba 31-Aug-21
BigSkyHntr 31-Aug-21
flybyjohn 31-Aug-21
WV Mountaineer 31-Aug-21
Jordanathome 31-Aug-21
Cheesehead Mike 03-Sep-21
Aluminum Rain 03-Sep-21
31-Aug-21
I know, not really elky but just went out scouting yesterday in the brand new pair of camo pants that I took the tag off of 2 hours earlier and after climbing, walking and crawling over deadfall, I finally fell off a downed tree and my pant leg got caught on a branch and ripped my pant leg in a 3" L shape tear. The pants are 91% polyester and 9% elastane. Fabric says not to iron. Does anyone have a tip on how to repair a hole like that in the lower part of the pant leg. I was thinking of an iron on patch and then sewing through both the patch and pant to keep it from peeling off over time. The other thought was some aquaseal and a piece of fabric glued and pressed to the back side until dry.

Any suggestions?

31-Aug-21
Take it to your local seamstress business and see what they can do. I've done that numerous times to get my stuff repaired. Also....by chance, does the manufacture offer some type of warranty that covers those tears?

31-Aug-21
Just stitch it up yourself, it's not that difficult. I doubt many warranties cover "clumsiness"...

31-Aug-21
In the lower leg area just use a needle and thread. You just want to keep it from tearing more, doesn't need to be really strong.

31-Aug-21
I did call UnderArmor to ask them the recommended way of repairing it but they were not that kind of company. They just sell stuff, not make it. They did offer me 40% off a new pair. It is within the bottom 5 inches of the pant leg so I found an old polyester sweatshirt that is about the same kind of fabric. Different color but it will be on the inside of the pant. I am going to cut a patch and put some aquaseal on it and press it together with some parchment paper on both sides to keep it from sticking to anything. I will see what it looks like in 24 hours. I use aquaseal on my waders and it is also the glue that Kenetrek gave me to glue my nose rubber back on my boot so it should be a permenant bond and stay somewhat flexible. If i notice the patch starting to peel after the first few washes, I will sew around the edge of the patch.

31-Aug-21
I did something similar. I cut a patch out. Put it over the cut. Marked it with a sharpie where it needed to be. I used 3m marine glue. Put some on the patch and in between the sharpie marks and worked it in both good. Put the patch on, put the fabic on a 2x4 and then a 2x4 on the patch, with weight on it to press the two together. Yes put something like wax paper or so on, the glue will most likely go thru. I let it sit for a couple of days. I think 5 years ago, and still holding. 3m marine glue is very flexible and strong. I've gluedsoles on boots with it and it didn't come apart. Your glue may work just as well.

31-Aug-21
If you can't find anyone locally ship to me and I'll repair it with sewing machine either with patch or not, depending on the tear and "guarantee" you won't have any further problems with it.

31-Aug-21
Tear Mender is great stuff! Can get it at Ace hardware and probably Amazon?.,

31-Aug-21
I have a sewing machine. I just didn't think that without a patch, the edges would just pull through as the material now is fraying pretty bad. Looks like the glue is going to work, I used a bit too much and it soaked through and is darker now but they aren't fashion pants so as long as they hold together is all that matters.

Thanks everybody for your ideas and input.

31-Aug-21
Tear aid would fix it right up.

31-Aug-21
Duck tape works for me....hard to match to the camo sometimes......

Good luck fixing 'em!

03-Sep-21

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Another vote for Tear Mender, that stuff is amazing. I've glued all sorts of fabric with it. I bought mine online but I think Walmart might carry it too. Right now I'm sitting on a hillside in Arizona wearing an old pair of Sitka Ascents that I patched with Tear Mender.

03-Sep-21
Tenacious tape?

• Sitka Gear