NJStykbow 07-Sep-21
Stubbleduck 07-Sep-21
NJStykbow 08-Sep-21
Glunker 08-Sep-21
Mike Ukrainetz 08-Sep-21
Screwball 08-Sep-21
spike buck 11-Sep-21
01-Sep-21
Trudeau said yesterday that he will not reinstate the border restrictions. O'toole said that if he gets in as Prime Minister, he will not entertain closeing down the border. Both said Fully Vaccinated are safe and vaccinations are working!! Both said the economy cannot afford to close the border again.

*** USA said they accidentally put Canada to level 4.... said should be kept at level 3 alert.

Down load Arrive Can App, test within 72 hours of arriving at border.

*** No matter where you plan on hunting in Canada, you are good to go!!!

OF THOSE WHO CROSSED INTO CANADA SINCE AUG. 9th, lets hear of your experience that might help future border crossers!!

01-Sep-21
Great news!!!

01-Sep-21
I just booked my flight to Saskatchewan this morning. I'm all set for my October hunt. Thanks Chris!!

01-Sep-21
Our first American hunter drove into Canada and back to the USA with ease.

01-Sep-21
No issues whatsoever for hunters crossing into Canada.No delays.

01-Sep-21
It's painless for the most part. Having the negative test needs to coordinated, and will cost a little. The border agents seemed to be mostly new and getting trained when we crossed. Got flagged for having 300#'s of candy, even though I was told it was OK after many phone calls. The agent in charge could not have been easier to deal with. Said she was using as a "teachable moment" and gathered some trainees around to go thru proper procedures and let me take it accross anyway with a $12 duty. Overall a very positive experiance...no reason at all not to go and enjoy what Canada has to offer!

01-Sep-21
John what’s the limit on candy haha?

01-Sep-21
How easy is it to get a test to get back in US when flying?

Anyone fly?

01-Sep-21
I know that the USA people are all happy to come to Canada. When can I go to the USA? Or do I need to fly to Mexico and drive to theUSA?

01-Sep-21
Really easy flying back in NUMA met us in the airport (booked ahead of time) and we got results in 10 min

01-Sep-21
It's painless for the most part. Having the negative test needs to coordinated, and will cost a little. The border agents seemed to be mostly new and getting trained when we crossed. Got flagged for having 300#'s of candy, even though I was told it was OK after many phone calls. The agent in charge could not have been easier to deal with. Said she was using as a "teachable moment" and gathered some trainees around to go thru proper procedures and let me take it accross anyway with a $12 duty. Overall a very positive experiance...no reason at all not to go and enjoy what Canada has to offer!

01-Sep-21

02-Sep-21
Sorry should be NUMI for the agency that handled our tests in the airport

02-Sep-21
And I thought I had a sweet tooth!!! How long you up for John?! lol

02-Sep-21
We go for 2 weeks every year, I seem to shoot the second to last day most years....drag it out as long as I can! Have never had this much daytime movement...all hours of the day. Was hunting alone all week...but found help for the drag out. Thinking I'd like to stay a month, but need more then one tag.

02-Sep-21
Test kits are becoming hard to find around me. Anyone else having this issue? The rapid Moluclar is hard to find and the one that gets sent in is taking 5 days

If you fly without a confirmed test. Do they make you stay in a hotel until you get the result?

02-Sep-21
Well the border agent I saw just needed to see the word negative on my phone. Didn't look at anything else

02-Sep-21
I am in Canada now. We got the rapid I D now test from Walgreens. The Arrive Can App was a little tough, the boarder patrol was as good to work with as could be. Everything went well.

03-Sep-21
It would be interesting to hear “where you crossed…name of crossing”? Was there lots of new help at border? Did you get a random test? How long did that take? Were there lots of new workers at your crossing? Crossing back into USA with bears was a breeze.

03-Sep-21
Hey Skull we are the only ones apparently in that sinking ship lol 2 years of no visits to my US buddies and I ain't getting any younger ! I read that Biden put out a warning about going to Canada because infections are rising too funny ! Maybe we get lucky and the sheep finally figure out our useless PM and vote him out since he only opened the border because he thought it would help his election chances. Fingers crossed . Glad you guys can cross into Canada but have to say I'm still pissed it didn't go both ways as it should have !!!

03-Sep-21
We lost our deposits for our US vacation as we had to pay for the balance on past Sunday. Cant see paying balance if border is closed. All 6 of us lost our deposits. Cannot move the deposits to another trip. But thats life I guess!!

04-Sep-21
So i am gathering that no matter if your vaccinated or not you do a rapid test both ways and your in and out no problem?

04-Sep-21
I've been told that rapid test is okay to get back into the States, but the PCR test is needed to enter Canada. Headed up in 3 weeks.

04-Sep-21
TJS you are correct

04-Sep-21
I believe you only need a test to return to the US if entry is other than land crossing.

04-Sep-21
I hear ya spike buck last year I lost all my tags etc for out west at least this year I didn't apply for anything ! As far as vacation yup lost deposits on 2 trips and now looking like we might loose the money on a third one ! Now back to regularly scheduled border (Canadian ) crossing questions lol

04-Sep-21
Still requiring injections to go into Canada from the states as well?

04-Sep-21
Came through the International Falls (Automobile) crossing this morning (9/4/2021). Less than 2 minutes of the usual questions and a quick look at my Passport Card. No comments or questions regarding Covid status, vaccination, recent testing.

06-Sep-21
So far I’m good to go with my Saskatchewan hunt but they keep rescheduling my flights and it’s starting to make me nervous. Had great flight options on Air Canada but they canceled the flight I booked and put me on a flight that doesn’t get in until 10:18. I have a four hour drive from there. Then they changed my return flight this morning. I still have five weeks to wait and I’ve had 3 flight changes in 5 days. Aggravating.

06-Sep-21
Pat not going to make you feel better but I had 8 flights on air Canada for my trip. 6 out of 8 were delayed and one canceled which caused an lot of issues and angst. Give yourself at least one extra day on the way there

06-Sep-21
Pat. Are you flying into Saskatoon directly from the states?

06-Sep-21
Pat, I'm having the same issues for my Alberta hunt in November. Multiple canceled and changed flights with Air Canada. Very frustrating indeed!

06-Sep-21
Grape, yes. I’m flying from Pittsburgh to Saskatoon with a stop in Toronto.

06-Sep-21
Flights are Changing right and left

06-Sep-21
I had a hunter who had booked direct with Air Canada get his flight changed by them so he called and told them since they had changed it and it didn’t work for him they need to cancel the flight and rebook him on a flight that worked better for him. He had checked his options before the call and said rebook me on that one, one that was much better. They didn’t like doing it but he got the right flight. Of course he was on hold for a long time before he could speak to a person.

07-Sep-21
Can the travel-declaration form be completed outside the 72 hour window or do all forms and COVID results need to be done within the window?

07-Sep-21
On the ArriveCan form once you enter your date of arrival the form will not allow completion more than three, or maybe it's four, days ahead of time. ArriveCan form doesn't take long to fill out just be sure to have a quarantine address ready to enter.

08-Sep-21
Thanks for the clarification Stubbleduck

08-Sep-21
Night crawlers in the approved bedding material are no longer allowed crossing into Cdn.

08-Sep-21
I’m told the quarantine address needs to be a street address, which can be a challenge with a lodge in the middle of nowhere. We’ve defaulted to the closest street address…

08-Sep-21
LOL I used Tim Hortons in Dryden for an address. No questions asked.

11-Sep-21
We had one group of 7 cross at the Sioux... big mistake. Took over 4 hours and 2 were picked for random tests. 5 here 2 still on the way.

• Sitka Gear