BigSkyHntr 01-Sep-21
Tilzbow 01-Sep-21
Bill Obeid 02-Sep-21
APauls 02-Sep-21
bghunter 02-Sep-21
Bowfinatic 02-Sep-21
Tilzbow 02-Sep-21
01-Sep-21
I am going on a mule deer hunt in early Oct. Rifle. I was going through my gear and realized I dont really have an in between pair of pants. I have heavy jacket and bibs from grey wolf for WI treestand and ASAT light Fleece from day one for early warm seasons. What would you guys suggest for a good in between ? Hoping over the next few years to do elk, mule deer again and maybe someday moose in NF or Sitka Deer in Ak.

Thanks for the help

01-Sep-21
I’d recommend a light pair of wool. Military surplus or some thing that is currently offered by the current hunting garment retailers.

01-Sep-21
The Attack Pant is plenty for an early October hunt. Just choose the camo pattern based on what the country you will be hunting looks like that time of year. They are quality pants IMO.

01-Sep-21
Kuiu brown attack pants and a good merino base layer if needed is all you will need.

01-Sep-21
Attacks.

01-Sep-21
attack pant or DayOne

01-Sep-21
My gut was telling me the Attack, but wanted to check. I think I will take a quick look at day one again too, just to compare

01-Sep-21
Has anyone mentioned Attack? ;) I wear mine from September through November and love em. Just add a base layer sometimes

01-Sep-21
Attack for Oct. I wear Tibs early and Guides late.

01-Sep-21
Attack. Some of the other models have a different crotch length and its annoying. The side zippers for ventilation is awesome! So you can wear them over a base layer if it gets cold and still let out steam on climbs.

01-Sep-21
After some further research and the opinions here. Attack pants it is. Price point isn't that bad either.

So next question do you go one size bigger then say your jean size since you may layer underneath?

01-Sep-21
Sitka pants fit better I like the timberline

01-Sep-21
Same question as bghunter ….

01-Sep-21
My attack pants are the same measurements as my jeans, and they have plenty of room for a base layer underneath.

01-Sep-21
Attack pants just pick the color you want.

01-Sep-21
Thanks oryx35

01-Sep-21
Oryx35 thank you. That helps.

01-Sep-21
I wear same size as any other pants. Fit great

01-Sep-21
Attack Pants. The hip vents on all the KUIU pants are the bomb! There’s nothing like a nice cool breeze down there while going commando on a warm fall day!

Also, get the zip off merino long johns. Easy on when you need to warm up after a long uphill in the AM when you sit down to glass. Then easy off when you’re on the move again with no need to take off boots.

02-Sep-21
There’s some good advice…. Right there.

02-Sep-21
I am also in the attack camp with zip off johnie longs. Same size as normal every-day wear. A deeper crotch wouldn't hurt the design of the pants, but awesome in every other regard.

02-Sep-21
I didn't even know they made zip off long johns. Thats awesome

02-Sep-21
Zip off long John's are awesome Highly recommend

02-Sep-21
I owned the zip off long Johns for a couple of years before I figured out what the zippers are for, up until that point I thought the zippers were uncomfortable and stupid. I was on a moose hunt, getting warm, started taking off my boots and my partner said, “You’ve got those fancy zip off KUIU’s why don’t you just unzip them?” Sometimes I shock myself with how slow I can be!

• Sitka Gear