Catscratch 19-Oct-21
midwest 19-Oct-21
HUNT MAN 19-Oct-21
tthomas 20-Oct-21
Zackman 20-Oct-21
tradi-doerr 23-Oct-21
Kurt 23-Oct-21
01-Sep-21
I met Kurt Keskimaki in the early 80s,since that time we’ve been friends and hunting partners. Today I got an inreach from Kurt saying that he’d killed a central barren ground caribou bull. Not surprising to me at all but the significance is that was his 29th North American species taken with his bow. I’d stand in line to congratulate him on this tremendous accomplishment and am proud of the way he got it done. I’m glad we’re friends and have been along for some of those 29. Kurt’s not a regular guy and I’m looking forward to many more camps. Congratulations Kurt!!!!

01-Sep-21
Congrats Kurt! Hell of an accomplishment. Curious to know what's his next goal.

I'll be hunting central barren ground caribou on Oct. 1st in Greenland. It's been a long wait due to Covid.

01-Sep-21
Holy cow, congrats to Kurt. I believe there are less than 40 archery super slammers, putting him in rare company!

01-Sep-21
Congrats to Kurt!

01-Sep-21
Heck yeah Kurt!

01-Sep-21
Heck yeah!! Congrats on an incredible accomplishment, Kurt! Looking forward to the details.

01-Sep-21
Way to go Kurt. Fantastic accomplishment…

01-Sep-21
Kurt is a great guy, congrats are in order for sure.

01-Sep-21
Congratulations Kurt, awesome accomplishment

01-Sep-21
Congrats Kurt!

01-Sep-21
Awesome. Congrats man.

01-Sep-21
That’s awesome! Way to go Kurt. He had quite a few delays getting into camp. So happy it worked out for him

01-Sep-21
The best thing about what he’s accomplished is how many of his species were DIY. Truly an outstanding accomplishment either way but what a fantastic testament to his determination and commitment.

01-Sep-21
Exactly Nick. You beat me to it. Kurt's accomplishment is enhanced by all the DYIs.

01-Sep-21
And his DIYs are even better than his DYIs, whatever they are......

02-Sep-21
Congrats Kurt, you are truly breathing rarified air !

02-Sep-21
Congrats Kurt, one hell of an accomplishment. Enjoy it and please tell us some stories of your journey.

02-Sep-21
Amazing accomplishment! Kudos and well done!

02-Sep-21
Congrats Kurt!! So cool!

02-Sep-21
I texted him, can’t wait to hear back When he finally gets some service.

02-Sep-21

02-Sep-21
Grats Kurt! Definitely notable how many of these he did on his own - quite an accomplishment.

02-Sep-21
Thanks all! It was a good hunt! Caribou cooperated this year.

Heading to the NWT on a Mt Caribou hunt in a week. That one should be fun too!

Randy, Lyle, and several others are great hunting partners. Ray Alt certainly was as well and helped me a lot before his passing!

Good luck to everyone this fall!

02-Sep-21
Outstanding! Congrats!

02-Sep-21
Congrats Kurt! Quite the feat.

02-Sep-21
Congratulations, Kurt! Hell of an accomplishment for sure!

Good luck in the NWT! That place has good MOJO!

02-Sep-21
Congrats on a great adventure!

09-Sep-21
I missed this thread somehow. I was in a remote camp when I got the Inreach message that would confirm Kurt as a 29'er!!

Having hunted and camped with Kurt several times, I can testify to his dedication to the hunt and never-say-die determination. A few years ago Kurt took on an extremely challenging polar bear hunt that went well past normal endurance. And he won!! That seemed (to me) to be the pinnacle from which Kurt could see the end and it drove him with even more enthusiasm!

If Kurt can get his after lunch nap, I would not want to be on his hit list!

Huge congrats Kurt on a huge accomplishment!!! Especially on how you did it!

19-Oct-21

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
Congrats again Kurt

19-Oct-21
Congrats on such a huge accomplishment!!!

19-Oct-21
I can;t even imagine............................................................CONGRATS! : )

19-Oct-21
Congratulations Kurt!! I remember you from PBS 30+ years ago looking at your photos thinking…. It’s good to be Kurt!!

19-Oct-21
Congratulation my friend. Good job! Lots of commitment, determination, sacrifice, and hard work.

19-Oct-21
True gentleman. Congrats Kurt! Well earned and well deserved.

19-Oct-21
He may be from Wisconsin, but I will always see him as an old school Colorado guy.

19-Oct-21
Congrats again Kurt. What an incredible accomplishment. Maybe I'll get to share coues camp with you again this winter!

19-Oct-21
I had to look up what a North American Super Slam is. Holy cow that is an accomplishment! Congrats!

19-Oct-21
What a great bull to finish off the slam. Beautiful pic, too! Congrats again, Kurt!

19-Oct-21
Amazing accomplishment !! Well done Sir! Hunter

20-Oct-21
Top hand for sure. Nice to see him get it done, what a journey.

20-Oct-21
Congratulations! A lifetime of bowhunting memories.

It would be awesome if Kurt did an entire recap of his super slam!

23-Oct-21
Big Congratulations Kurt!! Awesome to see that you've completed what you set out to do, and much of the hunts as DIY.

23-Oct-21
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! Missed that this thread was active again.

It still is sinking in that I was fortunate enough to get all of them! Its my 50th season of bowhunting....1972 thru 2021so I should have got a few!

As per what next....still figuring that out. Had an excellent NWT Mt Caribou hunt a month ago. Came home without a caribou on that hunt as I was looking for a really big one. A six hour stalk in a snowstorm on a dandy blew up right about the time a shot looked likely on the Boone and Crocket caliber bull....a little bull in herd picked me off. Passed up a few P&Y caliber bulls during the hunt. Might have to go up for a rerun, but who knows?

Meanwhile the Vizsla, my wife and I are getting a lot of exercise chasing chukars and grouse (ruffs, blues and sharptails)...decent upland hunting this year after a summer of smoke and fires in BC.

• Sitka Gear