Shuteye 02-Sep-21
JL 02-Sep-21
spike buck 03-Sep-21
tacklebox 03-Sep-21
Elite 1 03-Sep-21
tacklebox 03-Sep-21
WV Mountaineer 03-Sep-21
02-Sep-21
Had good bears coming in but a huge acorn drop Has turned everything nocturnal. Any ideas on how long this could last?

02-Sep-21
We don't have bears and our acorns haven't dropped yet. When they do drop the deer will leave the soybean fields to feed on acorns. This is a great time here to hunt all day because the deer will listen for an acorn to drop and go right to it. My favorite time to hunt next to the rut.

02-Sep-21
From a different angle....I hope the acorns stay on the trees until Sept 15th when squirrel season opens up in my neck of the woods.

03-Sep-21
We have the Mountain Ash come ripe last week. Sorta the same situation. Have some daytime activity. It will change in a week or so.

03-Sep-21
So... hunt the acorns?

03-Sep-21
It’s not like the oaks are in groves there’s one here one there needle in a hay stack in the bush. I think you could set out a Tbone medium rare side of Hashbrowns glass of red wine. And they would still take the acorns over that. No one else hunting Minnesota this just wondering how it’s going else where.

03-Sep-21
"It’s not like the oaks are in groves there’s one here one there needle in a hay stack in the bush"

I get that... find 1 tree that is producing AND that has fresh bear sign. Hunt that spot. No different than deer. Most of my bear hunting has been in states that do not allow baiting. Necessity and all that...

If the bait isn't producing forget about it, its not required to kill a bear. Go hunt the bear where he wants to be.

03-Sep-21
Bears always turn nocturnal around the first of September. Because the soft mast is coming in. How ling they stay that way is totally dependent on the food.

So, if it’s a big crop. It’s going to be a long season.

• Sitka Gear