Bob H in NH 06-Sep-21
Bowfreak 06-Sep-21
Bob H in NH 07-Sep-21
wytex 04-Oct-21
Habitat 04-Oct-21
Orion 04-Oct-21
txhunter58 10-Oct-21
03-Sep-21
I have a couple of young girls who like to hunt. I am looking to take them on a rifle hunt. This would be a fun hunt for my girls and they would shoot any buck or take a doe if needed to fill a tag. I could take the oldest only and have 5 points or I can take them both and they will each have 3.5 points. What would you do? I could be convinced to us the 5 points and only take my oldest, but I'm inclined to take them both, get tags using their 3.5 points in a unit that has a pretty good population of goats and at least some huntable public and then knock on doors if we don't find goats. I figure if a landowner is inclined to let anyone hunt they would let two teenage girls. I am also fairly certain that we would skip the rifle opener and come a little later.

What would you do?

03-Sep-21
Both hunt

03-Sep-21
Mark I sent you a pm.

03-Sep-21
Thanks everyone. They both have itchy trigger fingers. :)

03-Sep-21
I have two teenage boys. The best hunts are when we are all together. Tags are secondary but at that age they like to shoot. I'd definitely take both.

Good luck, and have fun!!!

03-Sep-21
Wonder what the over an under is on pee stops to WY with 2 teenage girls and a 50 year old man?

03-Sep-21
26 bowfreak haha. I’m taking the over!

06-Sep-21
If memory serves me for youth if you put in for as a party. If you draw they both draw. I would take them both! Memories to last a lifetime for sure.

06-Sep-21
I'd do both too. This would make a great hunt story too if you're so inclined to post up some pics/vids and recap the hunt(s).

06-Sep-21
What Scoot said. Main thing is getting them out and spending time together

06-Sep-21
In the right area, you could apply with the higher points with one kid and pay for doe tag(s) with the other kid.

06-Sep-21
Both or to be equal you have to wait years for the second.

Are they both old enough to hunt in WY? I think age is 12

06-Sep-21
Yes both are old enough.

07-Sep-21
I'd take both, would be fun.

04-Oct-21
sent you a pm Bowfreak

04-Oct-21
What about NM lots of youth hunts and no points

04-Oct-21
Horrible draw odds most of the youth hunts have just as bad or worse odds then the regular hunts

10-Oct-21
Good thread

• Sitka Gear