Knife2sharp 10-Sep-21
TREESTANDWOLF 10-Sep-21
JTreeman 10-Sep-21
Knife2sharp 10-Sep-21
Rickm 10-Sep-21
Grey Ghost 11-Sep-21
Rickm 11-Sep-21
05-Sep-21
I’m in the mkt for an ebike and am leaning toward a Bacou mule, and will purchase from ebike John, a Bowsite sponsor. My question is regarding maintenance and general reliability. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

05-Sep-21

06-Sep-21
Are those Vetuvia bikes any good? I'm not wanting to spend as much on a bike as I've paid for some trucks before.

06-Sep-21
I've looked at the mule at the Pa sports how and deff great bike, if you don't want to spend the coin take a look at M2S bikes, their ultra hardtail has the same motor with good battery power. Have two rear hubs from them for a couple years and good for flatter land, but the Ultra has twice as much torque for hills, just my two cents

07-Sep-21
I have that bike, bought from John as well. I have put it through quite a bit of stuff as well as cold weather. Have had zero issues. Going on 3rd year now. Doesn't get a ton of hours though. Just when they do I'm USING it.

07-Sep-21
Any thing in the $1500 range worth looking at. Would be used pretty much on flat gravel roads. Getting to where I have difficulty walking.

07-Sep-21
A couple things I've learned over the last 3 years with my bike which is a Biktrix Juggernaut Uktra. Get hydraulic disc brakes, get the biggest battery offered, tighten all screws regularly. Get a bumper hitch to haul it. Most issues have come from loading and unloading the bike. They are a ton of fun. Stick with a mid drive, hubs will work but leave you wanting more power.

07-Sep-21
Buying from John is a great start. Only place I'd look. Great outfit. My only advice is to realize that you get what you pay for and $3k in the e bike world is low end. Buy once, cry once.

07-Sep-21
I got passed by a dude on a Bakou while hiking in what I thought was wilderness (true border is right behind where I hunt). Took a look and it appears to be a quality item. Impressed it made it up and down that really, really rocky trail. Man these things have become the new “quads” and brought much more pressure into the two areas I hunt. $5k!

07-Sep-21
I was checking cams today on my Ohio ground and using my Backou Storm. I was bumping deer all over the place because they couldn’t hear me coming. Those bikes are the best!

And I agree that EBike John is just a great guy to deal with. Really honest and will help you find a good bike in your price range.

08-Sep-21
I do really like the Krusader AWD E-bike by Rambo. Although, only a single sprocket in the back, it's been a solid drivetrain, and the added traction in the front is a much more grippy ride. Plenty of torque from the two motors as well.

I wonder who will be the first to hit a deer on their E-bike? I think about it every time I'm cruising along at 12-15 mph, along a cornfield edge.

08-Sep-21
I have a Rambo R750 and a Bakcou Mule. Definitely like many of the advanced features of the Mule, like the torque sensor and hydraulic brakes.

As far as maintenance, there is nothing more required than on any conventional MTB. John will steer you straight. For more info on use in the field, I have a number of ebike hunting articles on the Ebike Generation website. Get one and have a blast!

08-Sep-21
Knife2Sharp, I barely misses a deer that bolted in front of me two weeks ago when I was zooming down a gravel road. Produced a serious pucker...

08-Sep-21
I just recently received a Rambo Pursuit and am very pleased so far. Bought it through ebike John. Took awhile to get but worth the wsit.

09-Sep-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I have a RadRover. It works for me. $1500

09-Sep-21

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
I have a stable of levo's I bought used for a great deal, but I must admit this Rad ebikes are awesome for the money and better in some ways.

Did a ride around Georgetown Lake over to the marina for a couple beers then back and over the hill to the back of East Fork Res and back on one charge !!! 35 miles in all I believe.

Full suspension and all the bells and whistles are awesome, but to just go have fun and get you quietly into your hunting area those Rad's at about perfect.

Side note, elk will only let you ride into them in the dark twice. The third time they will get the clue and blow. Nothing like creeping down into your canyon trying to keep the freewheel from clicking and the brakes from squeaking when you smell them right there. Stop turn off your red head lamp and 50 elk explode out of that zip code. As first light peaks its head you see the cloud of dust three ridges over still in 4th gear. Hahahahahaha

Ebikes are cool but they don't fix stupid !!!

Cheers Pete

09-Sep-21
LOL c3 - squeaky brakes, been there.

09-Sep-21
I bought a Vortex e bike from some dude today that needed the money to fix his car. He only wanted $250 and so far, it was worth it. Seems to have plenty of power and goes over 20 mph. Needs brakes though. When I was in high school I'd use a bike to sneak in on a wood lot on the side of a huge hill. The way it was shaped, all sound echoed up into the hill when you parked a truck below. One day I came in over the top and nearly hit a forkhorn crossing the road. He took off ahead of my bike and kicked a rock on me he was so close.

10-Sep-21
Just purchased a QK Ranger.

I’d like to hear how you guys carry your bow and pack?

Do you use any attachments or wear your pack and sling your bow over your shoulder?

Also, I imagine a head lamp is sufficient for night time?

Pretty excited, arriving this coming Tuesday!!

10-Sep-21
I would recommend a pack that carries a bow on it, or a sling if you don't carry a lot of other stuff. IMO, a rack or scabbard is too bouncy, and if it's on the back of the bike, gets in the way when trying to mount or unmount the bike. It's safest on your back.

10-Sep-21
Just purchased a QK Ranger.

I’d like to hear how you guys carry your bow and pack?

Do you use any attachments or wear your pack and sling your bow over your shoulder?

Also, I imagine a head lamp is sufficient for night time?

Pretty excited, arriving this coming Tuesday!!

10-Sep-21
I couldn’t choke down the price point of that Bakou bikes. Possibly upgrade some day, but I bought an Aventon Aventure. It does NOT have have the midmount motor, but it included fenders and headlight (running off main battery, not AA) which I thought was nice. I also bought the front and back racks. It’s a hardtail, and I think the battery is 17ah. I don’t know that it is at the same level as the Bakou stuff, but for a fraction of the price I’m pretty pleased. I don’t live in the mountains or super hilly terrain, and that had some impact on my decision making.

—Jim

10-Sep-21
IMO, no real need for full suspension. I've taken mine down railroad tracks and stand up, but they're not long trips.

10-Sep-21
Public service announcement, check with your insurance company about E bike coverage. Most don't know how to categories them. None of my carriers extend liability coverage. Markel has a specialty product but won't extend to any bike over 15-20 mph. To them it's not a bike and not a motorcycle.

11-Sep-21

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Who insures a bike? Never even crossed my mind.

My wife and my Mules have exceeded our expectations. As mentioned, routinely check every nut and bolt on them. And store your battery inside in cold weather. Other than that, the maintenance is similar to a regular mountain bike.

I'd also second using a hitch mounted hauler. I bought one that's designed for 2 small motorcycles. It's so much easier than hauling them around in the bed of my pickup.

Matt

11-Sep-21
GG you don't have to insure it for physucal loss but if you run into somebody you may not have liability protection.

Slim chance but maybe a question to ask your agent about.

• Sitka Gear