drycreek 09-Sep-21
deerhunter72 09-Sep-21
orionsbrother 09-Sep-21
ROUGHCOUNTRY 09-Sep-21
IdyllwildArcher 09-Sep-21
08-Sep-21

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
A little more than three more weeks till opener here.

This guy is hanging out outside of our Urban Honey Hole. Don’t know if he’ll cross out of the NoGo Zone.

08-Sep-21

08-Sep-21
That is a stud! I hope he slips up and you get a crack at him.

08-Sep-21
Wow! Hope you get an opportunity on that guy!

08-Sep-21
Dang nice buck.we got untill Oct 15th here

08-Sep-21
Not an aesthetically pleasant hunting area, but it’s close and some good bucks in amongst the chaos.

08-Sep-21

orionsbrother's Link
Video my buddy got about five years ago. Language warning.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTU4ekFaR6s&feature=youtu.be

08-Sep-21
Maybe you could shoot him with a crossbow while cutting your grass on your riding lawnmower. Lol

Good luck and hopefully he slips up and you get a crack at him.

08-Sep-21
Old School - No crossbow. It’s bad enough “hunting” in a garbage strewn area with traffic noise and occasional homeless guys.

I really prefer hunting my spots that are 350 and 425 miles away from here, but time makes that difficult to pull off with frequency.

We have fun checking out the deer though. Lots of pics and video of bucks that are fun to look at. Not many that can be posted.

As the season approaches, I thought I’d post a couple of pics as guys get more amped with anticipation. I am not trying to represent this as a real “hunt”.

I’d much rather be up North in the big woods, working harder for, likely, smaller racked bucks.

08-Sep-21
Rick… I say give him a couple years and he could rival in character, one very large deer that was killed in Michigan that was surrounded (and still is) by controversy years back. It still needs a skull X-ray too. :)

08-Sep-21
Rick - Biggest deer I’ve ever seen on the hoof was right near there. Considerably bigger than these. There are some large racked bucks, monsters even... but not that big.

And while I have to admit that when I dream or daydream about whitetail bucks, they aren’t fork horns... when I can squeeze out the time, I head for the big woods as opposed to hunting the local monsters.

But we’ve had some good stories come out of our local honey hole hunts. Stuffing deer in the trunk of my buddy’s wife’s car like Jimmy Hoffa to follow the property owner’s request to avoid drawing attention. Breaking down deer in the dark by headlamp in the parking lot at work, trying not to attract attention. I was in a tree stand and a couple of trespassing lesbians decided to have an “encounter” nearby... not fantasy quality.

If one of us were to kill a Rompola sized buck we would STFU. We are legal. No problem there, but the property owner does not want any attention from anti-hunting nut jobs. The zoo surrounding something like that would result in no future access.

08-Sep-21
Wow orions!... I never pictured you as a "picket-fenced" hunter...I suppose; there's one in every crowd?!...:)

08-Sep-21
Nah Brian. That’s not the property we hunt. That’s an industrial area along some train tracks that’s not far away.

The area that we hunt is about 110 acres and while there’s a fence on one side, it’s open at the ends. Unfortunately, garbage everywhere.

It’s not hunting the big woods. It’s not hunting in town as part of a herd reduction program. But I can sneak in before or after work and get an hour or two without a long drive. The whitetail hunting areas I prefer are 5 1/2 hours South and 7 hours North.

08-Sep-21
Triple post. Stupid phone.

08-Sep-21

09-Sep-21
This is the way I see your situation. The deer don’t know you’d rather be somewhere else, so I wouldn’t let on. That’s a nice buck, when you mount him, or one like him, don’t use the garbage as part of the mount. Problem solved !

09-Sep-21
Great video!

09-Sep-21
LOL ! Drycreek

09-Sep-21
"No actors, this is the TRUTH!"

The video is real and woke:)

09-Sep-21
"don’t use the garbage as part of the mount. Problem solved"

Lol

• Sitka Gear