Aspen Ghost 13-Sep-21
GDx 13-Sep-21
DonVathome 14-Sep-21
orionsbrother 14-Sep-21
Kannuck 15-Sep-21
13-Sep-21
Ideas?

13-Sep-21
Most have instructions, but washer on gentle/cool with sport detergent or similar, dryer on low heat or no heat. I've only washed a couple times but worked extremely well.

BTW I try to limit the need for washing the sleeping bag by always using a silk liner or a warmer liner in colder weather, which I can wash every time after use.

13-Sep-21
They generally have instructions. There are products specifically for washing down. I hand-wash down bag in the bathtub after cleaning the tub.

13-Sep-21
I think I have washed it, at most, once in its life - getting a "life of its own"!!!! Definitely time!

13-Sep-21
I've always just stored mine inside out and hung from the ceiling of my storage room. But, I also always wear a light weight pair of merino wool long underwear when I use my bag. That seems to keep the "funk smell" down to a minimum.

Matt

13-Sep-21
I was going to suggest putting it in a Hilleberg Atko tent for a gentle rinse cycle. LOL

But seriously, REI has a section on sleeping bag care and cleaning that looks pretty good: https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/caring-sleeping-bag.html

13-Sep-21
http://www.westernmountaineering.com/product-details/product-tips-care/

14-Sep-21
Great links thanks!

14-Sep-21
What Ike said. I use a silk liner with my bags and quilts to help keep skin oils and crud off of them too. I try to do “surface” cleans with anything that has water resistant down as opposed to submersion to try to avoid having soaps impact the “water resistance”

15-Sep-21
Check out Nikwax Down Wash Direct. Great product, I use it on all my down filled gear. It's safe for use on hydrophobic or regular down gear. Just follow the directions.

I also recommend the use of a bag liner and only wash my down gear when absolutely necessary.

• Sitka Gear