Hunts_with_stick 16-Sep-21
Lone Bugle 16-Sep-21
BGbasbhat 16-Sep-21
muley505 16-Sep-21
BRIBOWl 16-Sep-21
Gunny 20-Sep-21
Bou'bound 20-Sep-21
14-Sep-21
Was shooting my Bowtech Experience tonight. Shot six arrows at the 20, moved back to the 30. Came to full draw, was getting ready to release and boom! The bow blew up! Something head my left eyebrow and I punched myself in the mouth.

Once I got settled down, I found out my bottom limb had split apart while I was at full draw. Parts were all over the ground out to about ten feet. Felt lucky I wasn't hurt and that no one was standing near me.

I immediately gathered up all the parts and threw it in my bow case. I am not a happy camper at this point. I headed to my local archery shop. I had purchased the bow from them, several other bows, and all my arrows and accessories since I moved up here 17 years ago.

Can't believe my luck. Had shoulder surgery in March, just getting healthy and wreck my Harley end of June. Was just getting back to shooting and this happens. On top of that, season opens Saturday.

Got to the shop and they accessed the situation. He will call Bowtech tomorrow and we'll see when I can get the parts in. He thinks possibly two weeks to get parts. They told me I bought the bow in 2013. Hard to believe it's been that long ago. Shot a lot of deer, hogs and a bear with it.

Not blaming the shop nor Bowtech. I want to know what you guys think. Will Bowtech stand behind the limbs? Do their limbs have an 8 year shelf life? Have never had one come apart in the 31 years I've been bow hunting. I had the Bowtech Guardian before this one and my oldest boy is still shooting it.

I have to apologize tomorrow to the shop. I was pissed and I know I was loud, in my defense, I'm loud anyways. I hope I wasn't disrespectful.

14-Sep-21
Glad you are ok. I had a Hoyt blow up twice about two months apart. That was 25 years ago. I got a cut on top of my head and left wrist.

14-Sep-21
I think when the lower limb let loose, the top rolled back into my head. I use a kisser and when the pressure released, my release and hand smashed into my mouth.

Anybody think Bowtech will stand up?

14-Sep-21
No idea but I’m shooting a Bowtech I bought off a friend when he upgraded this year. Will be following this thread.

Sorry to hear this happened but glad you’re OK. Probably a good reminder to regularly inspect your bow and limbs!

Only “problem” I have with my Bowtech is blowing clean thru my 3D target now! ;-)

15-Sep-21
Had my Experience break a limb a few years ago. I had bought it on eBay. Took it to my local Scheels and Bowtech sent them the limbs. Had it back in a week or two, no charge.

15-Sep-21
Had small splinters on the edge of my Prodigy. Bowtech sent new limbs to my Archery Shop at no cost and had the bow back in 3 weeks. No questions asked.

15-Sep-21
I shoot a Diamond, (made by Bowtech). It is a 2008 Black Ice model. Last fall I was sitting in the elk woods with it and noticed a split in the top limb. I took it to the local shop (not the shop I bought it from). Bowtech had a set of limbs on the shelf. They honored the warranty and sent the limbs to the shop. I paid the shop to put them on and tune the bow. Good as new. The shop told me Bowtech was doing better than some other companies at getting parts out in the heat of the covid crisis. I finished the season with a recurve, luckily I hunt close to home.

15-Sep-21
Back in the 50's I had saved all summer to buy a Bear recurve. On the first day of Delaware bow season I had a nice buck at less than 20 yards. I came to full draw and the top limb snapped. I wasn't hurt but heartbroken. I sent it back to Bear and in a couple of weeks I received a brand new bow equipped with string, brush buttons and an apology. I hope you have the same luck.

15-Sep-21

BigEight's embedded Photo
BigEight's embedded Photo
Wow, this thread hits home. This happened to me Monday night. Bowtech Destroyer.

15-Sep-21
Seams bowtech is notorious for limb issues. That’s what has kept me from trying one. I could care less if the get me new limbs the next day. I would not want to deal with that mess.

15-Sep-21

Gunny's embedded Photo
Gunny's embedded Photo
Here it is in a pile and one where you can see parts about ten feet away

15-Sep-21

Gunny's embedded Photo
Gunny's embedded Photo

15-Sep-21
Archery shop just called me. Bowtech will stand behind the limbs. I will have to pay for shipping and for the shop to reassemble it. He still thinks about two weeks before it is ready. Hopefully sooner.

I am a little concerned about a lot of people having similar problems.

15-Sep-21
Bowtech used to outsource their limbs when they had all the QC issues. They are now made in-house and those issues have gone away from what I've heard. I most definitely wouldn't be afraid to buy a new one.

15-Sep-21
My uncle who recently had his limbs replaced under warranty was told the same as Midwest stated above.

15-Sep-21
Do you know what year they started making their own limbs?

15-Sep-21
I’ve shot Bowtech exclusively since they came out. Never a failure. I dropped one off a bow hanger onto a rock causing a small chip on the limb. Eventually a small splinter let loose near the chip. Clearly no fault of the bow however Bowtech replaced those 6 year old limbs free of charge even though I never sent in the warranty card.

15-Sep-21
Back in the day we used to call them "Blow"techs because they would blow up so often. I was next to Aron Snyder at a 3d shoot when his General blew up. Pretty much convinced me to never own one. I hope they've resolved those issues.

Matt

16-Sep-21
I have the Experience as well also bought in 2013. I left in my bowcase in the bed of my truck on a hot sunny day like an idiot and they exploded on me...I'd say my fault. Brought back to shop I bought it from and they replaced all free except shipping I believe. Love the bow and again definitely my fault but have read all the horror stories. Best of luck!

16-Sep-21
I dont think Bowtech has any more problems with limbs than the next manufacturer. They have all had issues over the years. glad you're OK

16-Sep-21
Had a split in the upper limb of my Patriot when it was probably 7 years old. Took it into Lancaster. Bowtech sent new limbs, even though they didn't make the bow any more, and the shop replaced them no charge. Very happy Bowtech shooter to this day.

16-Sep-21
I've owned four and never had an issue. I am shooting an insanity, not sure how old it is. I bought it new, but it is at least 10 years old.

16-Sep-21
I've owner 3 Bowtechs and love them all! I hope they have the parts you need.

16-Sep-21
Yep, the limb on my 2007 Tribute broke 8 days before my AZ elk hunt in 2019. Bought a Mathews Vertix to replace it (since I was in a jam), but Bowtech sent in new limbs on the 12 year old bow. Glad you didn't get hurt too bad. Sucks when it happens, but now the Tribute is my backup bow.

16-Sep-21

muley505's embedded Photo
muley505's embedded Photo
Had a limb on an RPM 360 split on me while timing the cams in a bow press, so, yes, it's happened to others as well. I resold the bow to someone who knew Bowtech would replace the limbs and was willing to go through that hassle. Once I lose confidence in a bow, though, it starts messing with my shooting focus, so I start over with a different one. My favorite bow so far has been the Bowtech Experience, so I'm sorry that happened to yours. =\

16-Sep-21
Glad your alright !

20-Sep-21
So I went out opening day with my girlfriend, she was hunting from a ground blind, I was in a tree stand close by just observing. I get a text from my oldest saying his limbs are splitting on his bow, he can't hunt.

When he got out of the Marine Corps, I had the local archery shop go through my Guardian and I gave it to him and I bought my Experience. Both of these bows are awesome. Other than splitting limbs.

We'll have to see what/if Bowtech, will do for this bow as it is about 4-5 years older than mine. Had a friend of mine say, "Well, it is an older bow." Screw that!

How long should limbs last? I should expect a safety hazard out of these?

20-Sep-21
You can buy two classic rifles new that will last three or four generations for the cost of a high end bow that is obsolete in a handful of years but we are the market

• Sitka Gear