BGbasbhat 17-Sep-21
SdDiamondArcher 17-Sep-21
BGbasbhat 17-Sep-21
WYOelker 17-Sep-21
BGbasbhat 17-Sep-21
Aspen Ghost 17-Sep-21
SdDiamondArcher 17-Sep-21
17-Sep-21
Just a picture of what I will be carrying everyday for food. I’ll also be adding a pepperoni roll for lunch. Pictured here is 2400 calories. That doesn’t include whatever I eat back at camp for supper or my lunch. No way I’ll eat all this in a day, but if I have a late night pack out, I’d like to be prepared.

17-Sep-21
Just a picture of what I will be carrying everyday for food. I’ll also be adding a pepperoni roll for lunch. Pictured here is 2400 calories. That doesn’t include whatever I eat back at camp for supper or my lunch. No way I’ll eat all this in a day, but if I have a late night pack out, I’d like to be prepared.

17-Sep-21

SdDiamondArcher's embedded Photo
SdDiamondArcher's embedded Photo

17-Sep-21
Ok, well this website sucks for images, so I guess just use your imagination

17-Sep-21
Hey, it’s free! :^))))

It’s always a good idea to have more food and water then the best case scenario calls for.

17-Sep-21
Consider replacing that spam with a flat pack of tuna, salmon, chicken, or shrimp. Best of luck on your hunt!

17-Sep-21
I also carry tuna. I go for calories. Tuna only has 70, spam has 270. I like the taste of spam better as well. I usually eat packets of tuna at night in some ramen

17-Sep-21
I like those honey strings and almond butter both taste and lots of calories. Not sure about the spam. I get enough spam when on the computer don't need it hunting ;)

17-Sep-21
John, it may be an acquired taste for some. I like salty meals, especially when I am hungry and can’t shake down something heavy. Spam and Vienna sausages are two of my elk camps favorites

17-Sep-21
How are those Honey Stinger things? I see them on CamoFire sometimes

17-Sep-21
I like them. Not a huge fan of this flavor of gummies, mango melon, but I like everything else. They always have them at Sierra Trading Post, so I buy them there or camofire the honey stinger waffles are great with peanut or almond butter on them

17-Sep-21
Got it. I'll give them a shot sometime

17-Sep-21
I love spam. My wife thinks I am nuts but it is a favorite of mine for hunting... And the single packs are super cool>>>>

17-Sep-21
I've also wondered about what sticksender mentioned about bringing tuna, salmon, etc. because it smells so bad. You think the smell of tuna or (not sure if spam smells) effects the animals? I'm probably being OCD about it, but not sure what animals think if they catch a wiff of some Starkist or Chicken of the Sea??

17-Sep-21
The tuna smell doesn't bother them as much as my funk does.

17-Sep-21
I can promise you, after a few days of not showering, I smell just as bad as anything in my pack. You’ll never eliminate scent.

• Sitka Gear