jdbbowhunter 19-Sep-21
Geno 19-Sep-21
tm 19-Sep-21
WV Mountaineer 19-Sep-21
Glunt@work 19-Sep-21
recurve43 19-Sep-21
WV Mountaineer 19-Sep-21
18-Sep-21
Question for you guys that consistently kill elk. How important are binoculars in your hunting strategy? And,are they more important based on terrain?

18-Sep-21
Only asking for archery season

19-Sep-21
Yes it depends on the area… some places with heavy timber I rarely use them. Other more open areas I spend hours a day behind them.

19-Sep-21
Never go in woods without them. Doesn't matter what im hunting,whitetail ,elk ,etc.

19-Sep-21
Binoculars are very important to me, I spend a lot of time glassing with them in open areas.

19-Sep-21
Learn to use them at all ranges over 40 yards and you will not believe how much can be missed by the naked eye.

19-Sep-21
I’m not a regular elk killer. Because I don’t regularly elk hunt. But, if I did, you could bet your life savings I’d have a pair of bino’s riding in a harness while elk hunting.

19-Sep-21
I occasionally leave camp without them unintentionally and miss them. I use them under 200 yards in cover way more than for glassing at distance.

19-Sep-21
Let me explain why i asked the question, In the late 80's I read everything Chuck Adams put out, even going as far as taking his identical bow on a yukon sheep hunt . He endorsed binos as super important. So that year i got apair around my neck in the deer stand in my then home state of pennsylvania. I quietly am glassing when i catch movement under the stand, you guessed it a nice one at 5 yds. That got in my noggin and to this day they arent part of my" must haves "with me. My real question was do they help with the "seeing" or the actual harvest of the elk? (maybe they are the same question and im being redundant)

19-Sep-21
That wasn’t your bino’s fault.

• Sitka Gear