JL 20-Sep-21
molsonarcher 20-Sep-21
TGbow 20-Sep-21
drycreek 20-Sep-21
Ursman 20-Sep-21
deerhunter72 20-Sep-21
Wildan2 21-Sep-21
19-Sep-21
Of all the cameras, which one is the easiest to use that contains its own viewer?

20-Sep-21
And will last and have a good warranty............Browning.

20-Sep-21
Cabela’s. I have several and love them. Never an issue. Take fantastic pictures too!!

20-Sep-21
I don't get caught up on the viewer anymore as you can miss alot if you are looking at 1 inch x 1 inch screen.Check out trailcampro.com

20-Sep-21
Agree tiny view screen is only marginally useful to me. However, if you turn your binoculars backward and put them very close, they act as a magnifying glass and can be useful in zooming into the tiny screen. Also handy as a magnifier to remove splinters, etc.

20-Sep-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
I think the new Moultries have real easy set-ups and the same warranty as Browning. Their customer service has been good to me. That said......I noticed some of their new cams have a lot of the same features as the Chinesium Boly cams I've been getting cheap. If the Moultrie pic and vid quality is the same as the Boly's.....they should be great. I'm used to setting up the Moultries and I think the Boly's are a tad bit harder to get used to at first.

This is a recent Boly night vid. A coon hit the cam and knocked it sideways.

Same Boly cam just sitting over a nearby scrape.

And an action vid. It picked up the rapid movement of the yotes pretty good.

20-Sep-21
Not a Spypoint Solardark. I thought it was the cats meow. An internal battery that gets charged, with a backup source, even the option of having 12v power. I had it last a year never changed batteries, and even had a Cell Link hooked up to it. A couple months ago it stopped reading/writing the card. It has a really nice color display, and option to view photos, which I never used.

20-Sep-21
K2S, did you try a different card? I've had them buggers die. (Won't use any but 'SanDisk' now.)

20-Sep-21
K2S...try reformatting that SD card.

I had a bad SanDisk card last night. The cam kept telling me to insert an SD card when I had this one in. I tried to reformat that card a few times and still no workie in the cam. All the other SD cards worked in that cam.

20-Sep-21
Browning Best for the money, not the viewer. I use a lightning connector with my iPhone and download the images to my iPad or iPhone. The little viewer screens don’t show you enough on any of the cameras.

20-Sep-21
I havent tried all of them but we've had good luck with Browning. Heard Simmons are good for cheaper cameras

20-Sep-21
Just posing the question……Why would you want to stand in the woods looking at several hundred tiny images when you can own two cards for each camera, spend two minutes at most at each set, and look at all the pictures at home on an iPad or PC ?

20-Sep-21
I expect to have several cameras out. Viewing the cards from these locations in the field will determine where l sit that evening. Won’t have time to go home. Look at the photos on my reader or my lphone and go from there.

20-Sep-21
I have some Muddy cameras that’s take good photos and decent videos. They are easy to use, have great battery life and are cheap. No viewers but I also have some CamPark cameras from Amazon that do have viewers that I’ve never even looked at. It takes way too long to go through all of the pictures in the field, especially if you are taking videos. Like others have mentioned, sometimes you have to reformat the SD cards.

21-Sep-21
Another tip;do a "full format of your SD cards" not just a quick format.A 16G will take about 1/2 hour.I thought I had a bad card but this saved it.I only use SanDisk and lithium batteries.Also have two dedicated cards for each camera.

• Sitka Gear