DonVathome 20-Sep-21
DanaC 20-Sep-21
John in MO / KY 20-Sep-21
PECO 21-Sep-21
bigeasygator 21-Sep-21
Rut Nut 21-Sep-21
Norseman 21-Sep-21
20-Sep-21
I am looking for a thin, light blanket for backpacking. To use if warm enough instead of a sleeping bag and in addition to a sleeping bag (over it) when really cold. Ideas?

20-Sep-21
I made my version of a whoobie. 3.6 climashield. Cut it 87 inches ling and left the 1.0 calenderized nylon full width. Sewed it up. One side is green and one is orange. I no longer pack heavier outerwear if I’m ground hunting. Just snuggle up in this. It works miracles. And, I use it at night too. It’s wonderful at supplementing a sleeping bag.

Stuff sack and all it weighs 13 ounces. And fits into a 7 liter stuff sack easily.

20-Sep-21

DanaC's Link
Is there a 'Bed Bath & Beyond' store near you? Or order online

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/simply-essential-microfleece-blanket/5544652?keyword=fleece+blanket

20-Sep-21

midwest's Link
Try a sleeping bag liner? Not for going over the outside, obviously.

20-Sep-21
If you can find them the GI poncho liner is great for what you describe.

20-Sep-21
I have the Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme sleeping bag liner. Perfect for warm nights (60F and up). Small and Light.

20-Sep-21
I have a sleeping bag liner - love it. This year in AK I was cold in AM in my 20 degree bag, with liner, in my tiny 1 man tent (10 degrees warmer then outside) with long johns, long sleeve shirt & hat on. Temps down to 30 degrees. In the past I would not have been cold, I turned 50 this year and think age is hurting my bodies ability to warm itself.

Hoping this blanket folds to at most 12"x20"x4" so it is "packable"

Some good ideas guy, thanks!

20-Sep-21
open size 3'x6' to 4'x8'

3.5' x 7' ideal

20-Sep-21
Get a 'full' size fleece blanket, can fold it and slip between on warm nights or use doubled on top as needed.

Also, what were you sleeping with *under* your bag etc. ?

20-Sep-21
You could also look at the Rumpl puffy blanket. About the size you want. 2 lbs. $99

21-Sep-21
x2 on the GI poncho liner.

21-Sep-21

bigeasygator's Link
Wouldn't necessarily put this in the "cheap" bucket, but another option could be a down quilt. I've bought from Enlightened Equipment before, and they make quilts with all kinds of specs. Very packable, very light, and can be used on their own or to supplement a sleeping bag if need be.

21-Sep-21
I have a fleece sleeping bag that you can zip open into a blanket. Very lightweight and not pricey- can even use it as a sleeping bag liner.

21-Sep-21
Emergency Space blanket ?

• Sitka Gear