deerhunter72 23-Sep-21
iceman 23-Sep-21
Predeter 23-Sep-21
Bowfreak 24-Sep-21
Ermine 24-Sep-21
Norseman 24-Sep-21
22-Sep-21

Starfire's Link
Did you see this. I guess if I go, I'd want a fellow bowhunter to find me.

22-Sep-21
Cool story. Hard to believe he was out there that long!

22-Sep-21
Read elsewhere, but an amazing story.

22-Sep-21
That is really something. I feel for the persons family, Im glad his wife is still alive so she can have some closure

22-Sep-21
I read the story earlier today. Seems like the animals would have scattered the bones or chewed them to pieces over the years. He'll get a proper burial after all.

22-Sep-21
Crazy 53 years old, and stuff was still around for him to find. Pretty wild story. I found a missing body that was missing 9 years

22-Sep-21
Right?

23-Sep-21
"Seems like the animals would have scattered the bones or chewed them to pieces over the years. He'll get a proper burial after all."

Thanks for sharing... Aside from part of the family wondering over 50 years,,,, actually if ya ask me no better way to go, die doing what you luv, nature eats your flesh, and remaining bones for your family to bury.... I know it's kind morbid thinking/talking about your death and body, but personally not really concerned about a proper burial, and always dreamed of Alaska but never made it, but if terminally ill, tell my kids am going to Alaska and'll leave them clues where they can find my bones after the bears and critters are done.... As Clint said, "Worms gotta eat too"...8^) Actually I told them to cremate me and since I never been on a bush plane and have always wanted, travel up there and dump my ashes out of a bush plane maybe over a glazier or something neat... That way at least they'll get to see Alaska... He!!, they'll probably chuck me in the cheapest pine box they can find...8^)

23-Sep-21
Quite a story, thanks for posting. I had a 40 yr old coworker that died bowhunting from a massive heart attack. He came down the tree packed up his treestand and sat at the base of the tree. Still have a nephew missing after a huge search party, both professionals and continued search from the family.

23-Sep-21
A local murder mystery here was (partly) solved when a hunter noticed articles of clothing that matched what the victim was reported wearing.

Personally wouldn't mind going while on stand, enjoying the sunrise.

23-Sep-21
My goal is to die in the woods (at 102 years old) next to the 420" bull I'd just killed.

23-Sep-21
Ermine,

Did you find the body while working or hunting?

23-Sep-21
I found the body while I was hunting. I was in high school turkey hunting. Came across a skull with a bullet hole in it. I led authorities back in there and they were able to locate just about all of his bones. Turned out to be a kid that went missing after he graduated and was missing for 9 news.

23-Sep-21
Quite a story. Must be quite a shock for the family after all of this time, hope it gives them some closure.

23-Sep-21
dang Ermine. That's crazy.

23-Sep-21
Wow!

Seems like a man that would have fit right in on Bowsite. Not too many bowhunters in 1968, let alone ones that would choose a bow for a goat hunt!

24-Sep-21
Ermine,

Did they suspect homicide or suicide?

24-Sep-21
Bowfreak- they ruled it suicide. But the back story was interesting. Two kids went into the woods for a hike and one disappeared.

It was an interesting thing. The night I was hunting I heard a large stick break right behind me. Had a weird feeling and gut instinct said I needed to leave the area early (planned to stay until dark.)

On my hike back is when I found the skull. Had I planned to hunt until dark I would have not found it.

24-Sep-21
BTM, would that be considered be wanton waste?

• Sitka Gear