Potro 13-Oct-21
sticksender 13-Oct-21
newfi1946moose 14-Oct-21
iceman 14-Oct-21
Bono 14-Oct-21
Bou'bound 15-Oct-21
Mad Trapper 15-Oct-21
23-Sep-21
What’s the story on Woodland Bou? Are the quotas still very low? Any current info on the best outfitter to call and discuss a bowhunt?

Thanks

23-Sep-21
I hunted with Effords Hunting Adventures in 2019 and had a great hunt. The population is on the rise and we saw plenty of caribou and several really big ones. The guides were surprised at how many we saw. If you can get past the price it is a great hunt. The quotas are still low even though the population is on the rise.

23-Sep-21

JSW's embedded Photo
My 2019 woodland
JSW's embedded Photo
My 2019 woodland

23-Sep-21
Hell of a bull, Jim!

23-Sep-21
Wherever you decide to hunt, the area that the majority of them inhabit is a bowhunter's dream come true. Quite a bit of decent cover....be sure to take a white bandana....it just might come in handy if you are hunting during the rut.

23-Sep-21
Nice photo!!

24-Sep-21
I was very fortunate to have hunted the famed “Dolland Pond” fly in camp four times in the early 2000’s. No more Stag tags there as it’s reserved as a breeding sanctuary. If you can swing the price for the limited tags available now it’s a great archery hunt. Been there 8 times and every hunt we got animals.

Bow Hunting Safari Consultants stays in contact with the Outfitters with tags.

24-Sep-21
Wow that is a huge bull! Good to hear they are doing alright:

Wonder if the prices will ever stabilize if more tags are available in the future….

24-Sep-21
My Newfie stag hunts in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2007 were 3k each year (all inclusive). As with most supply and demand hunts sooner is better. I can’t see any reason prices ever come down.

24-Sep-21
Wow that is a great bull and a fantastic picture, congratulations!

24-Sep-21
I remember some combo deals for a moose and caribou combo in Newfie back in the day for $4k! Seemed like a lot of money for a college kid!

10-Oct-21
Good thread

13-Oct-21
Very nice Bull !!!!! Congrats!!!

13-Oct-21
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have insight into why Effords is asking roughly twice the price of some of the other well-known outfits up there? There may be a damn good reason for it, but still I'm curious, as a potential candidate for a hunt up there. Looks like from their website they're currently asking 27,700.00 for future bookings on a 1 on 1 caribou-only hunt, after the tax and tag. Just wondering if that's because of higher than average trophy size, number of animals, rare guide talent, or perhaps something else?

14-Oct-21
That is a crazy price. I believe Conne River is half that price an I have seen beauties there.

14-Oct-21
$27,700???!!?? WOW.

14-Oct-21
$27,700 is tomó high. I am sure that here are some other outfitters with good caribous and Moo se in Newfoundland with much better price

15-Oct-21
Their track record justifies it for the elite hunters looking to check that one off the list. Better than taking multiple trips with a lesser operation

15-Oct-21
One of my favorite hunts! Now if I could only find that release….

• Sitka Gear