Earltex 14-Dec-21
Cazador 14-Dec-21
Bou'bound 14-Dec-21
kota-man 14-Dec-21
Bowfreak 15-Dec-21
sticksender 15-Dec-21
Bowfreak 15-Dec-21
28-Sep-21
Any idea on the release date for the 2022 line. Seemed like normally October, but as I recall last year was on a different schedule (what wasn't?). Curious to see what they come up with this year.

28-Sep-21
I bet it will be such an improvement over last year's model that every Hoyt shooter will need to drop $1700 on it!

28-Sep-21
Ha

28-Sep-21
I think Bou asks this every year. I suspect it's so he knows when to expect last-year's models to go on sale...LOL

28-Sep-21
They shouldn’t be released until there is an arrow on the string. Dry fires wreck them.

28-Sep-21
Yes. Exactly. The formerly $1,500 rx4 from 2019 will be 900-1000 new in box on eBay.

28-Sep-21
Guys im gonna break some rules here but the flagship will be 31 ata with a 6 inch brace and a 335 ibo.

28-Sep-21
^^^ failed to mention a carbon riser with a "stable" holding weight of 5.75 lbs.

29-Sep-21
New custom colors available for the 8 rubber s3x toys stuck all over it for sound deadening

29-Sep-21
New hoyts are a figment. They just melt down all the unsold and returned bows and mold another out of them. That’s why they are getting to be so heavy and loud. Lots of impurities in their soup now.

29-Sep-21
They announced last summer (2020) that they were moving their annual launch date of flagship bows from October to January.

29-Sep-21
Unless they've made some MAJOR changes... Who cares?

29-Sep-21
Why do you ask pot stirring bound?

29-Sep-21
I'm sure it will be a "game changer" and make everything else obsolete.

29-Sep-21
Launch date from Oct to Jan is moving it back isn't it...?

29-Sep-21
They have a great bows, but also they are the more expensive ones

29-Sep-21
They have a great bows, but also they are the more expensive ones

10-Oct-21
Good thread

08-Dec-21
Saw that the 2022 models were released today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN5HnQWOV8

08-Dec-21
Oh no. They forgot the fixed yokes for tuning.

08-Dec-21
Almost as boring as Bowtech’s unveiling. :)

08-Dec-21
Looks like Hoyt made some notable changes that customers were asking for (reduced weight on the 30" carbon bow by 1/2# versus the current model), came out with a cool new feature in the bow pod for ground blind hunting, added a couple of features one would need to shoot the bows to evaluate (e.g. changed grip angle/riser redesign), and with some things that I personally could take or leave but some others may really like (integrated sight and rest mounts).

The Ultra has a pretty good speed (334 fps ATA) for having a generous ATA (34") and BH (7").

08-Dec-21
Good stuff.

08-Dec-21
The 33 looks like a real shooter. I see they also have a Twin Turbo that shoots an arrow at 350fps.

08-Dec-21
Is there every really a new Hoyt?

08-Dec-21
"Spot on Adam. They figured out they could change the color and new sales remain the same. Pathetic IMO when you consider the obscene price tags"

Telling me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.

09-Dec-21
I had a bad experience with my ventum 33, I'll stay away for a few more years, there are much better bows for less $$ on the market.

09-Dec-21
"Spot on Adam. They figured out they could change the color and new remain the same. Pathetic IMO when you consider the obscene price tags" What's pathetic is the fan boys who buy a new flagship bow every year. Stop, I don't care what you do with your money. Keep feeding the hog if you want, it's a free country.

09-Dec-21
I just giggled a little bit wondering how many guys we have here that might actually take time out of their day to just swing into a store that they don’t shop at specifically to let the people there know that they shop somewhere else for no other reason than hearing them selves talk…

It really is quite funny if you sit back and think about it as a whole. I’m honestly not taking a shot at anybody, it just occurred to me that it should be funny instead of annoying. Figured I would share that thought

09-Dec-21
SIP I was kinda thinking the same, it's weird but a little bit funny.

My local shop is getting their first shipment of new Hoyts in tomorrow and I'll try to get over there to shoot them all. I may not qualify as a fanboy though, since I only buy new every 2-3 years.

09-Dec-21
PECO

How people spend discretionary income should not be deemed pathetic by people not impacted by the choice of someone else to so spend.

There are people who buy new cars every year, new boats, new homes. There are people who have more change in the seats of their bentleys and couches than it would take to buy a hoyt. it's best we don't count another man's money.

If you were being asked to contribute to a go fund me page so someone could get it that would be pathetic

09-Dec-21
We don’t buy hours fir the value proposition we buy them because they are the best out there. Whether they cost 200 or 2,000 has no impact on how good they are. If Money does not matter you end up shooting #1.

09-Dec-21
I heard the shipment is delayed.

The rubber $3x toys plastered all over them are held up in shipment due to Covid and increased demand for such rubber toys.

09-Dec-21
I don’t get a new bow every year, but often enough I may be pathetic to some;-)

I just figure when I finally shoot the WR a new bow pictured next to me will bring in more endorsements and take the attention away from my ugly mug. You have to admit, Hoyt has the best looking bows.

09-Dec-21
Wow. $2k for a stupid bow.

09-Dec-21
$70,000 for a Pickup

09-Dec-21
15 k for a carbon mountain bike…sign of the times. I look forward to trying the new Rx7. Up here, in the cold whitetail woods, carbon bows r super helpful as they r considerably warmer to the hand.

10-Dec-21
"I just figure when I finally shoot the WR a new bow pictured next to me will bring in more endorsements and take the attention away from my ugly mug."

You aren't wrong. I was once told by an editor that the bow in the photos had to be fairly new or they wouldn't buy the article (although I did manage to get on the cover of Bowhunter with an eight-year-old bow). I agree that the Hoyt carbon bows are the best-looking bows on the market in my opinion.

10-Dec-21
Always lots of haters on the good stuff!!! (Joking, kind of)

10-Dec-21
Back around 2009 or so I was struggling with the decision for bit before I decided to dropped $800 - $900 bucks on my new APA bow. Dropping $2K on a bow today (or tomorrow!) ain't gonna happen for me. My APA is looking like a great bargain now. I'd rather get a new rifle and scope for that coin. I think that might hold it's value a little better over the long haul.

11-Dec-21
Unfortunately, business is business. Materials, overhead, shipping, ect and then show a profit. Seems justified compared to prices of lumber, petroleum based products and so on. Are they expensive, my god yes.

Side by side to the RX5 there is notable changes. The riser for one is streamlined. When I owned a RX5, sod it a few weeks later because I could stand the cables in the sight window.

Having yokes back again would be a plus, not on this bow. A tad lighter ( Without all the rubber toys) Limb pockets are redesigned. Cams are redesigned. Stab offset has changed Grip design has changed And there are other little changes as well.

Seems like we are the point with these bows that they can only do so little to keep improving them.

One thing for certain, all compounds have come a very long way.

Merry Christmas all!

11-Dec-21
If Hoyt hasn't figured out how to make the bow cheaper by being better at it, they have the wrong business model. The price point is reflective on price points across the board for other things. Wages are still flat so they aren't paying more out in labor to manufacture the bow. They charge $2k because they know they can and people will buy them no matter what. After all, you have to have the newest "outfit" for next year's Insta-hero hunter photos. No, I don't hate Hoyt either for those thinking otherwise.

I agree with the comment above, I'd rather buy a new Howa or Tikka with a SigSauer scope in 6.8 Western for that amount...

11-Dec-21
A good rifle and scope will definitely hold it's value better than a bow. Why? 40 year old rifle=good, 50 year old recurve bow=good, 5 year old compound bow=bad. I disagree, I still love shooting, hunting and killing with my 2008 Diamond.

11-Dec-21
I respectively disagree HDE. Labor is UP all around.

11-Dec-21
Disagree all you want DConcrete. Wages have not matched the cost of everything else. The price of labor is still flat. Increased employment does NOT equal the wage rate.

If a business actually did a little evaluation called the 'marginal product of labor', they would never have an unbalanced cost due to labor...

11-Dec-21

Matt's Link
Someone doesn't understand the difference between wages and consumer buying power. Linked is an article titled "US wages jump by the most in records dating back 20 years" in reference to 3Q21. Yes, wages are increasing - and very substantially of late.

While the buying power associated with these wage increases are largely being offset by inflation at the consumer level, the salient point is that companies all around are having to pay higher wages to attract/retain workers and higher costs for most materials due to inflation. The only way to preserve margin in an inflationary economy is to increase prices by passing the increased costs along to consumers.

Suggesting that Hoyt, which sells a premium product, should change its business model to reduce costs rather than to price their products at what the market will bear doesn't understand business very well. Some companies have a strategy of being the low cost producer, but that can also become a race to the bottom. At the other end of the spectrum, Hoyt and Matthews have carved out a very nice niche in the high end market and I am sure they are very happy to maintain that.

Ironically enough, if one goes to Hoyt.com there is a pop up that reads "we're hiring" suggesting they are feeling the impact of the labor shortage and are no doubt having to pay higher wages than they were a year ago to attract employees.

11-Dec-21
Shot two of the new carbon Hoyts today. Our local shop only received an Ultra and a Twin Turbo. The new riser design on the RX7 is aesthetically more pleasing and cleaner looking, but that's mostly a subjective thing. The Ultra....I liked the feel of the draw cycle and the bow seems to hold on target very nicely. Good generous valley and solid backwall. Very quiet in the hand at the shot and seems to be a little bit audibly quieter as far as shot noise compared to previous Hoyts. While there I shot a new Matthews V3X to compare and the Matthews had a noticeably harsher draw cycle. The two bows seemed about equal in an impressively minimal amount of bow-hand feedback. That's no doubt an improvement for Hoyt, as the Matthews bows have owned the "dead-in-hand" category for some time. The Ultra does not really feel like a carbon bow though, as far as "mass weight"....it feels kinda heavy in the hand. For me though, plus or minus a pound in carry weight is not all that meaningful. I won't be buying the Ultra though, as it won't fit in a Badlands Terraglide....lol. Weird I know, but I love that case and use it on a lot of travel hunts.

As far as the TT, I shot it as well. It obviously gives up some brace height, has a more noticeable dump on the draw cycle, and a shorter valley. Not as bad as past turbo models though. And I did not find it awkward to hold or jumping out of my draw hand while holding it against the very solid backwall at full draw. Weird thing about the Twin Turbo though, is they're using the old 3-tube riser with the metal reinforced ends. And even more odd, the AtoA on this bow is almost as long as the Ultra. This appears to be due to a steeper mounting angle on the limbs, because the riser itself is much shorter than the Ultra's. Different smaller-looking cams on the TT as well. For these reasons I'd call the TT kind of a franken-bow, and I won't probably be buying it. No idea why they retained the old carbon riser design on this bow, but maybe we'll hear more about this later.

I'll be waiting on a standard RX7 to come in and will make the call on buying one once I can shoot it. The shop owner said he's already had 4 guys order the RX7 sight-unseen.

11-Dec-21
How well did they tune to fixed BHs?

11-Dec-21
I shot the RX7 and RX5 Ultras yesterday and in the hand the RX7 feels different balance maybe, it is a bit lighter. After shooting both, to me, no real difference both great bows. I had to walk out as the color I wanted was there and I came close to buying. I will say speeds were kind of a let down at my DL and poundage not much different than the 2001 era bow I'm using now.

11-Dec-21
Is it just me or is it crazy to order a bow sight unseen?

11-Dec-21
Those are ur guys that are Hoyt guys…. The same as the Mathews guys…PSE guys…etc.

I agree and think its a little crazy to buy sight unseen, but…you are gonna be able to sell it for what u pay for it if u dont like it. And again, each person has the money they have and a chunk of change to some is peanuts to others. The amount of homes that ive heard of the last year around here that were bought sight unseen… there are people with piles of money that it apparently wouldnt kill them to just lose it. They exist and $2000 for a bow setup is minuscule to a house…

11-Dec-21
I shot the Twin Turbo, RX7 Ultra and the Ventum Pro 33. Set them all at 70lbs 30” draw. The TT had a huge dump over on the end of the draw cycle and had ALOT of hand shock. It’s the old RX5 riser. I wasn’t impressed.

The Ultra was SMOOTH was almost no vibration or shock. It’s light weight and I really liked it.

The Ventum Pro 33 was similar to the Ultra, but had some hand shock and vibration. But very similar all around.

We put it through the chrono on my Axis 300’s that weigh 510 grains. 290 fps on the TT and Ventum Pro 33. 269 fps on the Ultra.

I have a Carbon Spyder Turbo shooting those same arrows at 290. It’s smooth, strong and shoots darts. I can’t justify buying anything knowing I can’t improve what I have……unless I can tweak the Ultra to get 285-290 fps with a 510-525 Gr arrow. The Ultra is smoother than what I have on the draw cycle and release.

11-Dec-21
I’m in the same boat. I’ve shot the same Mathews since coming off a longbow some 14 years ago. My only complaint is speed but that’s it. A wheel is much easier than a cam to draw, so I’m a bit worried on that.

I’m trying to get high 270 or low 280s with the RX7 Ultra sub 65lbs at 29 inches. I’m thinking I’ll need to drop my current arrow weight from 461 to 425 or so to get close but still may not.

11-Dec-21
The only way you would buy a bow sight unseen Peco, is if it what as nice as your 2008 Diamond. Great post btw Matt!

12-Dec-21
Dino, if I ever sell it, I'll give you first dibs. :)

12-Dec-21
Matt gets what’s going on in the world as far as labor, economics, etc.

As far as the new Hoyts, I’m not looking at them due to my fixed retirement budget and all…..

12-Dec-21
"Suggesting that Hoyt, which sells a premium product, should change its business model to reduce costs rather than to price their products at what the market will bear doesn't understand business very well."

Not necessarily...

12-Dec-21

Matt's Link
"Not necessarily..."

Here is a link to Hoyt's employment page, maybe you can get a job there and turn the company around?

12-Dec-21
Well they’re running two shifts so some of us are buying the equipment

12-Dec-21
"Here is a link to Hoyt's employment page, maybe you can get a job there and turn the company around?"

Think long and hard about how 'not necessarily' applies to YOUR inaccurate comment since you can't seem to follow along very well...

12-Dec-21
NO need to be mean just focus on the original question. Be nice

12-Dec-21
After recently buying an RX5 Ultra I was curious of the differences in specs. It sounds like the RX7 is more "streamlined" otherwise their specs are identical other than weight. The RX7 is 4.3# compared to 4.6# for the RX5. Negligible in my mind.

12-Dec-21
MCcee, correct.

Not sure what the argument here is.

But buy what you want, when you want, if you can’t, that’s fine. Trying out any new bow is fun, but if it increases your ability to maybe hold longer and or if it feels more comfortable, that 1% advantage is worth it, IMO, and I would save the funds for it.

Everything just costs more snd for Hoyt and Mathews, has a consumer base is huge and they will continue to sell bows and make a profit.

The American Dream.

Like Bou said, just be nice, really.

13-Dec-21

13-Dec-21
Good review on the Ultra. Looks like the advertised speed is WAY over inflated.

13-Dec-21

13-Dec-21
I believe the mfr speed ratings are the absolute theoretical max....i.e., no whisker biscuit, no blazer vanes on the arrow, no loop on the bowstring, snapless nocks, limb dampeners removed, etc. Pretty sure all the mfr's do same.

13-Dec-21
They are all overstated. This one was 17 fps overstated per Josh's test.

13-Dec-21
What happened to the RX6

13-Dec-21
"What happened to the RX6"

The same thing that happened to the RX-2 . . . but nobody knows what that was...

13-Dec-21
Don't know if it's the reason, but they've only skipped a number in years with a new carbon riser design. RX-1 had the same riser as the Carbon Defiant before it. The RX-3 had a re-design to the riser and then the RX-4 & RX-5 had the same riser. Now the RX-7 with a new riser.

14-Dec-21
If needed, Camofire has mechanicals on sale today.

14-Dec-21
Shot the RX-7 Ultra. It was very dead in hand, quiet, light, and balanced nicely. Only downside I saw was when we shot it through the chronograph it was slower than expected. However, that was with 70# limbs and 85% let off. If I were to get one it would be 80# at 80%. I'm thinking that would up the speed quite a bit. Overall, a very nice bow and something I am considering.

14-Dec-21
Nick,

I'll bet money JJ shot the bow in a #3 mod at 30" draw. That mod goes to 32" I believe. The #2 mod in 30" draw is probably pushing 12-15fps faster.

I have tested this with my own bow. #3 RX4 Ultra @30" was 15 fps slower than the #2 Cam on the same bow. Granted that was at 2 lbs heavier but still 10+ fps faster.

If someone is interested in a Hoyt with this new 3 track cam system and they are concerned with speed, I would pick the bow based on my DL. Pick one of their bows that gets you to as close as possible to the max dl of the cam.

14-Dec-21
I believe the long-draw module for the HBX Pro cam (on the Ultra) only goes down to 30.5". The short-draw module goes as high as 30". At least that's how their spec sheet reads, FWIW.

14-Dec-21
That make sense, Mark. I'll bet you're right. What would that do for the draw cycle going to a #2 cam at that draw length?

14-Dec-21
Bowfreak is correct. We have seen that as well. You want to max the cam out for ur DL if u want more speed.

14-Dec-21
The RX7 is nice, but as stated the speeds will have you scratching your head. I shot one again today with my 460 grain arrow with 60lbs and it was 252 @ 29, it jumped to 266 when we set it to 29.5 at 65lbs. The bow I have now, old as dirt @ 60 was shooting the same arrow at 247fps. I'm really on the fence on this one.

For those who haven't tried it, that turbo they have draws unbelievably well and is snappy. I would go as far as saying the draw cycle on Turbo and RX7 and the new Ventum 33 to me are one in the same. They are very nice bows.

14-Dec-21
Cazador is buying a new bow? You ok buddy? Covid fever has you doing crazy things.

Not surprised you’re impressed with the new bows. A lot has changed since you last bought back in the 90’s.

14-Dec-21
It’s not bought yet Earl! Shot old faithful tonight got me second guessing.

14-Dec-21
How are the Hoyt strings these days

14-Dec-21
They’re fine Grant…

15-Dec-21
On my RX4 Ultra there is a noticeable difference between the draw on the #2 cam and the #3 cam. Honestly, the #3 is simply awesome. Hearing that these new bows are much nicer on the draw says a lot. After switching to the #2 cam it was an obvious difference. It is not as nice of a draw. However, after shooting it for months and my muscles getting more used to the draw cycle it feels great and in my mind it feels much more "smooth" like the #3.

15-Dec-21
The new bows all have the same cam. They started that last year with the HBX cam, and continue this year with the HBX Pro cam. They come equipped with one of two different draw length modules, which have no overlap on the draw length range. So there's no option on choosing a module for a particular draw length. If you want 30" draw, there's only the one cam and one module you can use.

But I agree with you bowfreak, regarding the older bows. I have the RX-4 and there's a drastic difference in draw feel between the #2 & #3 cams. I disliked the draw cycle on the #2 on first impression, such that I probably wouldn't have bought the bow.......until I shot one with a #3 cam. MUCH better. The 2022 bows draw just as nicely IMO.

15-Dec-21
You are correct. I was talking about the hybrids (2 different sized cams and 2 different sized mods or sometimes in the past 3 and 3) and mistakenly used the same language because old habits are hard to break....but yes the 3 track system is one cam with 2 different mods (still has the same or even more pronounced )phenomenon as in the past with regard to DL and speed. I edited my previous post to limit confusion.

• Sitka Gear