gil_wy 29-Sep-21
WapitiBob 29-Sep-21
txhunter58 10-Oct-21
WV Mountaineer 10-Oct-21
WapitiBob 10-Oct-21
Corax_latrans 11-Oct-21
Jaquomo 11-Oct-21
29-Sep-21
I’ve been digging for a while and I can’t find an answer and no response to my messages to our BLM offices. Simply, would a class 1 ebike (or even a regular MTB) be allowed cross-country on BLM? My antelope area has huge sagebrush flats and giant prairie dog towns. Lots of cattle trails but very few 2-tracks. Anyone asked this question to the BLM?

Thanks and keep the “why don’t you walk” comments to yourself…

29-Sep-21
Gil - the CPW Hunting Atlas now has a layer for trails that allow ebikes - I haven’t researched if Wyoming has the same feature but what I’ve experienced, all BLM lands allow ebikes unless otherwise posted.

I hope this is helpful

29-Sep-21
cnelk- yeah any info helps! I’m curious about the “off-trail” use. I have no intentions of just running all over the place but these giant, miles long open areas with cattle trails criss crossing it is what I’m curious about.

Thanks!

29-Sep-21

WapitiBob's Link
https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/e-bikes

10-Oct-21
Good thread

10-Oct-21
Bob, the link is a dead end. Any chance you could find the link and repost?

10-Oct-21

WapitiBob's Link
I can't find that same article anymore...

here is another one

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/11/02/2020-22239/increasing-recreational-opportunities-through-the-use-of-electric-bikes

11-Oct-21
So…. Strictly speaking….

If you glass an animal a long ways off that you want to make a stalk on and you close the distance on your e-bike….

Is that somehow “not” pursuit of a game animal by means of a motorized vehicle?

11-Oct-21
LA trans, technically Class 1 and 2 ebikes aren't considered "motorized" by federal law. Only by USFS TMR regs. And it's no different than closing the distance in an F-150 before starting the stalk, except it requires effort to pedal and navigate through rough terrain. ;-)

• Sitka Gear