MA-PAdeerslayer 01-Oct-21
drslyr 01-Oct-21
Z9_MA 02-Oct-21
txhunter58 10-Oct-21
01-Oct-21
5:34 AM LIVE from Ma*
“LIVE FROM NY ITS FRIDAY MORNING”!

01-Oct-21
Arrived at camp yesterday afternoon in advance of todays opener. Its 45* out right now . Did 5 hrs of camp work barely scratching the surface. Also went up to the food plot and took the fence down. That in itself was quite the project. This one is the best plot we ever had. Its knee deep in deer radishes and in the wintergreens sections turnips as big as a softball. I had a plotwatcher over it and a few deer jumped the electric fence but didnt stay long. No signs of grazing. When they do discover it it will be gone in no time. The plot watcher showed deer in the fence only 4 times in 15 days! It worked! We have decided to follow the Jeff Sturgis doctrine and only hunt the evening to start the season. His theory being you blow your spot bumping deer as they return to bed while your walkin in! Anyway theres always tons of stuff to do at camp as well as in the woods. We have 20 or so trees drilled for saddle pegs. I redrilled the tree up by the foodplot yesterday. Shuda come up 2 wks ago like we were supposed to to redrill them. Huge mistake. They were healed over pretty good. Even the cordless drill jambed a few times. I guess ill redrill a bunch just b4 we leave and hopefully when we are gone for a wk or so the deerz will be back. Went out last night at 0 dark30 and saw over 100 deer including a big 8 weve got on the hit list right where he’s supposed to be as shown on cell cam! Thats it for now. Good luck to everyone that's out….seeya tonight!

01-Oct-21
Oh boy it’s that time of year again!!

01-Oct-21
I had a lease in VA and had a food plot on it and believe it or not I had more morning action then evening. I never jumped one in there walking in the morning. In fact, the deer would come to it sometime after light like 7:30-8:30.

01-Oct-21
When does the season end

01-Oct-21
Who cares……. Up the tree-for the first hunt of 21! Waitin for the big chooter buck to come sauntering down the path. We shall see!

01-Oct-21
Get em John!

01-Oct-21
Any action

01-Oct-21
What are “saddle pegs”? Never heard of that.

01-Oct-21
Charlie I believe it’s bolts that they use. I think John’s just calling em saddle pegs cuz he’s always in his saddle lol

01-Oct-21
Dead end tonight no deer harmed skunned whacked or kilt during the scope of this hunt!

02-Oct-21
Beautiful opening day in NY / 4F. I didn’t see any in am or pm but my b-n-law, 45 min into his stand on the morning hunt, had 6 deer come by. Talk about a quick start. He ended up taking a nice big fat doe @8 am.

Good Hunting! Hope ya get one of those giants!

10-Oct-21
Good thread

• Sitka Gear