Kurt 10-Oct-21
Brantman 10-Oct-21
SDHNTR(home) 10-Oct-21
RK 10-Oct-21
Quinn @work 11-Oct-21
Bake 11-Oct-21
DonVathome 12-Oct-21
05-Oct-21
If you send in spotting scopes, binos or rangefinders will they clean them for free? I have done this with other manufacturers but never Leupold, curious if they do this.

05-Oct-21
I'm guessing no, based on the wording of their warranty.

PERFORMANCE EYEWEAR LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE

All Leupold Performance Eyewear is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a lifetime. If your product is found to be defective, we will repair or replace it, at our option, free of charge. Normal wear and tear, scratched lenses, or other accidental damage determined not to be manufacturer’s defects, are not covered under warranty and can be repaired or replaced subject to a nominal fee.

Have you tried calling them?

Edit: Disregard the quote above. I didn't realize Leupold made sunglasses, which is what the quote is referring to. I'd call them and ask.

Matt

07-Oct-21
I’m sure that Leupold Customer Service could provide you with an answer.

10-Oct-21
Good thread

10-Oct-21
Leupold CS ranks down at the bottom of the barrel. In my experience they will not go out of their way to help in any way, and are more likely to find reasons to be helpful.

10-Oct-21
My experience with Leupold CS is excellent based on the two times I used it....one rangefinder and one rifle scope.

10-Oct-21
their customer service is the worst i ever dealt with

10-Oct-21
Sadly, the new Leupold is nothing like the old Leupold of 10+ years ago when quality was important.

10-Oct-21
I sent two of our loaner spotting scopes and two of our loaner binos back to be adjusted and cleaned in May and the service was excellent and the fee was basically shipping costs.

11-Oct-21
I had a really good experience with Leupold over 10 years ago. They fixed a 15 year old scope that the horizontal crosshair had fallen out of. They fixed it for free and paid for shipping back to me within 3 days.

Like everything I'm sure their product and service is not the same today. YMMV.

11-Oct-21
Last year I sent in a scope I'd purchased in 2003 that I had flat out abused. They cleaned it and fixed it (paralax adjustment was off, and always blurry). I think I paid shipping and that was it. I was pleased with the service

12-Oct-21
I did reach out to them, but this is a grey area, so what they say and do good easily be different. I know it was with other optic companies.

Thanks!

• Sitka Gear