70lbdraw 08-Oct-21
Bwana 08-Oct-21
Grey Ghost 08-Oct-21
JohnMC 08-Oct-21
Grey Ghost 08-Oct-21
tinecounter 08-Oct-21
txhunter58 10-Oct-21
08-Oct-21
Cellphone attached telescope. I'm considering purchase for field (hunting) pics. Any recommendations?

08-Oct-21

70lbdraw's Link
Get these at Sportsmans Warehouse.

08-Oct-21
I have the one recommended by 70' and though I have only used it for a little more than a year, I am impressed so far.

The crowd of folks without binoculars in Yellowstone a couple of weeks ago thought it was pretty cool too as it allowed them to see the grizzly that was too far for the naked eye.

08-Oct-21
I have the Phone Scope, as well, and I'm less than impressed with it. I have the iPhone 11 Pro in an Otter case. I bought the Phone Scope to fit that exact set up with my Swaro spotter. I've found it to be extreme;y difficult to get my phone's camera centered in the eyepiece of my spotter. When I do get it centered, it doesn't want to stay there without me holding it in place. Then, more often than not the image won't focus on my phone. When I finally get everything lined up and focused, my target animal has usually moved, causing me to go thru the same process all over again.

Overall, I found it to be basically worthless with my setup. I threw it in the center console of my truck after several failed attempts to use it, and that's where it's remained ever since.

Matt

08-Oct-21

JohnMC's Link
I think/maybe he is referring to a lens to add some zoom to your cell phone pics. Not a way to hook up cell to a spotter. Something like the attached.

08-Oct-21
Ah, if that's the case, John, my apologies to the OP.

Matt

08-Oct-21
JohnMc, thanks. Yes, that is type of attachment I was asking about.

10-Oct-21
Good thread

• Sitka Gear