Patdel 14-Oct-21
Matt 14-Oct-21
IdyllwildArcher 14-Oct-21
Tilzbow 14-Oct-21
HUNT MAN 14-Oct-21
yooper89 14-Oct-21
Patdel 14-Oct-21
12-Oct-21
Does anybody have a recommendation for a pant similar to the Attacks? The Attacks are bombproof but I can't justify spending $140 on pants.

12-Oct-21
Sitka Mountain Pants are great, so are the Apex Pants. Neither one will save you any money over KUIU though. In fact they both cost more. Sitka is not the brand to shop to save dollars!

12-Oct-21
I've had my original attack pants for over 10 years I believe. Or however long KUIU has been around. They were about that price I think at the time. I've since bought more but buy once cry once. Sitka or KUIU will be worth the money and perform well while you use them. They'll last long enough to pay for themselves in my opinion.

12-Oct-21
What SBH said.

12-Oct-21
Prana Zion unless you have to have camo.

12-Oct-21
I get better pricing from Sitka than I do Kuiu. Maybe I’ll just wait for a kuiu sale

12-Oct-21
Mountain are way warmer than an attack. Pants are so specific if you want an attach I'd just get the attacks. They last forever.

12-Oct-21
I bought my first pair of Sitka mountain pants that have the knee pads this year. This was the only one that were available at the store. I would not have bought the knee pad version if I had that option. I thought the knee pads was a gimmick, but I don't anymore. The overall performance was great, but the one complaint I have is that they are a little warm. I ordered Pro Pants on returning from my hunt. I have not hunted in the Kuiu yet, but I like the zip sides. The Kuiu pants was slightly cheaper. It was nice to be able to try on the Sitka before I purchased them. This is not a option with Kuiu.

12-Oct-21
For the conditions and design, Id go with Kuiu attack over sitka mountain mainly because they dry so much faster. Durability is about the same. You can get a birthday discount of like 20% every year for kuiu which is about the only discount you'll see on the attack pants. They rarely put them on sale.

Now for early season, I tried the Sitka ascent pants this year and loved them in the heat. I just wouldnt compare them to the attack pant. Another option in solids is the Stone Glacier Dehav or Dehav lite but it wont be cheaper.

12-Oct-21
Have to agree on spending $140 on a pair of pants. Talked to a couple of guys who had attack pants, they swore by them.

12-Oct-21
A buddy of mine who listened to me bought some Attacks. He also bought some brown Sitka Grinder pants and he likes them better than the attacks for everyday wear. I don’t think they have side zips though. So that’s a deal breaker to me

13-Oct-21
Day One are good pants for hunting.

13-Oct-21
You'd think I'd wear out my side zips I use them so often. Deal maker for sure.

14-Oct-21
Prana stretch zions. Take a look at those. Just solid colors. No camo. Not as heavy as the kuius but less money.

14-Oct-21
Are the Pranas as quiet as the Kuiu pants? That is usually where general outdoor pants fall down for bowhunters.

14-Oct-21
What others have said. I've had my attacks for 5 years now and they're no where near wearing out and I wear them >30 days per year. And no other pant that lacks zip down side vents like the attacks, will compare. They are hands down worth the money.

14-Oct-21
The hip vents on the KUIU are worth $40 to me! Nice cool breeze across the warmest part of your lower body is great on a warm fall day. As far as I know the hip vents are standard on all KUIU pants, except for rain gear. The quietness, lighter weight (compared to Sitka) and four way stretch are also great. The best part for me, at 6’6” is the Attack pants now come in a 37” inseam.

14-Oct-21
Working outside everyday of the year when not hunting . I wear attack pants most ever day . They have outlasted ever other pair of pants I have worn. I have had them all and other brands are great but the attacks are number one in my book. The pro pants for hunting with the knee pads . Game changer .

14-Oct-21
You guys have pretty well sold me on sticking with kuiu pants. They really are the most durable pants I’ve worn, and most comfortable.

14-Oct-21
Matt, yes they are. Lighter material. No vents. Pocket layout not as good (in my opinion), but they are a legitimate option that is less expensive. I have both. Hunting i wear attacks or sitka timberline. I like the pranas for just kicking around day to day. But no reason you couldnt use them hunting.

• Sitka Gear