Coyote 65 16-Oct-21
Shuteye 17-Oct-21
Bou'bound 17-Oct-21
yeager 17-Oct-21
Juancho 17-Oct-21
13-Oct-21

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
Is this an antlered doe? Face is long and thin like old doe even looks grey. Shoulders are much smaller than hind quarters. In any case its really ugly.

13-Oct-21
Non of that matters. It’s what that deer identifies as. It may still be in the questioning stage.

Try telling a game warden that biology and birth gender doesn’t matter :^)))

13-Oct-21
I agree with your observations, looks like that could be a doe. Set up your camera laying on the ground facing up and see if you can get definitive proof ;)

13-Oct-21

Catscratch's embedded Photo
I can't answer your question, but here are a couple pics of an antlered doe that hangs out on a property I used to hunt. She never lost velvet, and sometimes had twins.

13-Oct-21

13-Oct-21

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
I'd say young buck, but anything is possible. I took this photo a couple of years ago of this young buck, I just remember the long snout. Greg, I think you can get arrested for that, just saying....lol :)

13-Oct-21
Catscratch….that doe looks like she just came from the hairdresser!

13-Oct-21
Last year my cousin called me and said he had some friends helping him find a huge doe he had shot and could I come help. They had lost the blood trail. I knew the woods and all the trail and only took me a few minutes to find the deer. It was huge. When I turned it over it had male plumbing. It was a huge buck and never had antlers. The top of it's head was smooth. I don't know what it identified it's self as but it was dead.

13-Oct-21
It's has to be awkward for a buck breeding a doe with antlers. :)

13-Oct-21
Young buck.

13-Oct-21
I think its a 1.5old buck. My father shot a 21pt buck/doe a few years back. The one he shot still had flexible antlers with full velvet in late November well after bucks typically lose velvet by Oct 1. If i recall they don't have the testosterone to shed the velvet or something along those lines.

13-Oct-21
Scrappy, just think how awkward the rut would be for Shuteye's friends "doe"!!!

13-Oct-21
I think young buck as well. All the antlered does I have seen have velvet year round

13-Oct-21
"Catscratch….that doe looks like she just came from the hairdresser!" She was a cool deer! I wish I would have shot her and her for my first mount.

16-Oct-21
In AZ it doesn't matter what kinda plumbing they have if it has antlers it is legal. Buck only deer hunting here. Last doe hunt I remember was the Kaibab sometime in the '80s.

Terry

17-Oct-21
Holy cow, here in my area you are only allowed two bucks but 15+ does. They even have a late doe season after the normal season closes. It sure doesn't hurt the population at all.

17-Oct-21
Buck

Always go with the most likely and normal outcome when presented a choice

17-Oct-21
Being politically correct these days, maybe it’s a ……… “other” or “I don’t know”. :)

17-Oct-21
It could be a "they" doeer

• Sitka Gear