Buffalo1 15-Oct-21
wildwilderness 15-Oct-21
Mudslinger 16-Oct-21
wildwilderness 16-Oct-21
Mudslinger 16-Oct-21
Drahthaar 20-Oct-21
deerhunter72 20-Oct-21
15-Oct-21
I hunted with Harry Nel and African Arrow Safaris this past Sept. 14th thru the 24th and it was an amazing hunt. This was my retirement hunt that had been planned since 2015. Due to a job change and then Covid, I could not schedule until 2021. The menu included a Roan, Sable and a Cape Buffalo. My wife ask for another Zebra rug so I hoped I could help her. If you are looking for a place in South Africa, look no further than African Arrow Safaris. This would be my 4th trip over to hunt with them and each time it was better than the hunt before. First class accommodations, first class food, open bar, family atmosphere and quantity and trophy quality animals that will rival and bowhunting only camp in South Africa. This is an amazing place with a load of animals. I have hunted over 40 days with AAS on water holes and on spot and stalk hunts and I have never been skunked on seeing animals. The last morning that Garry, my PH on this trip, sat in a very spacious tree blind overlooking a vast water hole, we watched over 200 animals that included about 11 different species of animals! Again, I would challenge anyone to find a bowhunting outfit that has these numbers of animals with the trophy quality that AAS has. Yes I am biased, but I think when you look at my 4 trophies from this year, I think you would agree. Give Harry a call or see them at the Dallas SCI show in 2022 (if they open travel from South Africa). I hope you enjoy the pics.

15-Oct-21

Mudslinger's embedded Photo

15-Oct-21

15-Oct-21
Harry runs a great outfit. I hunted with him a few years ago.

15-Oct-21

15-Oct-21

15-Oct-21
Beautiful trophies. Congrats!

15-Oct-21
Amazing hunt! Congrats!

One day….. :)

15-Oct-21
Congrats. Really nice trophies!!

15-Oct-21
Congrats! Great trophies. The curls on the buffalo’s horns are exceptional.

15-Oct-21
You got some beautiful trophies there. What a wonder "retirement memory"- it was all worth it !!!! Congrats

15-Oct-21
I love those trophies! Sable are so neat, and a Roan to match it! Nice big boss buffalo to boot and a cool zebra. I would do that exact hunt.

What was your bow set up for buffalo?

16-Oct-21
My bow set up was not what I really wanted due to major shoulder surgery last Nov. I was not able to draw my normal weight and I had to back it down to 60#'s. Still, with a 775 grain arrow tipped with a 220 grain Single Bevel TuffHead, I got an almost full passthru on the Sable, blew threw the Zebra and got complete penetration on the Cape on his left ham at 50 yards when he turned as I shot. The front part of the arrow was in his stomach when he was gutted! 27%+ FOC on this set up. Obsession Def Con 6 @29", normally 70#'s but backed off to 60#'s due to string stretch ans my bum shoulder. Very impressed with this arrow/head combo.

16-Oct-21
So that’s 775 total arrow weight? Also what shaft? Spine?

I have heard the tuffhead is a great value for Broadhead. How did they hold up?

16-Oct-21
Gold Tip Kinetics 200 spine at 28 !/2".. Penetration was fantastic Only arrow that broke was in the Buff. A second shot on the Sable completely penetrated the shoulder blade and lodged in his spine! Very impressed with this BH and arrow set up, especially at only 60#'s!

20-Oct-21
Great retirement adventure, congratulations. Forrest

20-Oct-21
Great trophies! Congratulations

• Sitka Gear