bobbinhood 22-Oct-21
kodiak&crunchy 22-Oct-21
HiMtnHnter 22-Oct-21
wyliecoyote 23-Oct-21
ELKMAN 23-Oct-21
tradi-doerr 23-Oct-21
RickH 23-Oct-21
21-Oct-21
Have been considering the Carbon Bowtech for a couple of years now. Mainly just based on price point being a carbon bow. For guys who have shot one whats your thoughts? Really enjoy the cam system on Bowtechs Realm series bows, planning to shoot one just haven't gotten time yet.

22-Oct-21
Hello KSBow I am shooting a Carbon Knight I purchased in 2014 at Rogers in Liberty MO still. I have looked into upgrading, both carbon and aluminum bows from all manufacturers, and haven't found anything I like shooting better enough to make a change. The reasons I went with the CK over the competitors at the time were for carbon and those aspects associated with the material- weight, warm feel, etc; speed, weight, shootability, looks, and price so that I could add premium accessories. I have found that this bow performs to my expectations in durability, reliability, speed/trajectories, decibels, fun, and most importantly getting the job done during hunting season. For this reason, upgrading would be more of a "just because" rather than need. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or seriously consider the newest renditions with upgraded cams, etc. For what it's worth, I'm shooting my bow with 60x strings, hoggfather double pin, trophy taker smack down rest, limbsaver 9.5 stab, fuse 4 arrow quiver, tap string stop and cable guard, easton da torch arrows with 125 gr annihilator broadheads. This bow does everything I want and more. Whatever you decide just love shooting it!

22-Oct-21

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
I had been shooting a Carbon Knight since 2013 or 14

They are a fantastic bow for the money and in some ways better than any of the flagship bows sold today. Very cost effective for putting game on the ground and filling the freezer.

They are also very fast at a 28" draw length, 7" brace height and poundage's in the low 60's. I have two carbon knights and they are the fastest bows I've ever tested at my specs above.

The ultra low weight also allows you to put more stabilizer weight on and still not have a pig to pack around in the mtns where I hunt all the time.

From there the draw backs are it's a bit tougher to tune for left to right arrow flight. I have made custom cam spacers to perfectly adjust the cams in the limbs and I have had to add some grip build up with epoxy plumbers putty to make it shoot perfect. It just doesn't have any sort of cam lean or yoke adjustment available in the binary cam system. I believe they are so fast because it doesn't have all that junk on the end of each limb.

Mine is also pretty loud when shooting.

I attached a pic of my Wy bull from last year I shot with it. Pretty epic work from a $550 bow retail back then !!!

With all that said I shot a solution ss this year as they had one in lefty and that did me in. It's not called a super smooth for nothing. I did have to raise the poundage from 62 to 65 to keep my same sight marks and on the chrono it still shows 2 fps slower than my Carbon Knight. In any case if you're on a budget, the Carbon Knight would be way up there on the list to look at.

Cheers, Pete

22-Oct-21
I have a Bowtech ICON and its a GREAT bow! Bought it last year and it a real shooter, I'd buy another in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22-Oct-21
X3 on the Carbon Knight. So lightweight to carry all day, day after day. I shoot 60#, killed 4 elk including a 340" bull. I'll never switch unless it breaks in half.

22-Oct-21
I shoot a carbon icon. Bought it in 2017? I think to replace a 2003 tomkat. A great mountain bow...

23-Oct-21
My son and grandson shoot Carbon Icons...they love the light weight 3.2 lbs. I just bought another one for a friend $300 on ebay with sight and rest.

23-Oct-21
I say no. One because it's not carbon, and two because they don't have the dead-loc system on that bow. Just get the Solution or the Revolt. You need SOME weight to shoot a bow period. You will NEVER look back...

23-Oct-21

tradi-doerr's embedded Photo
tradi-doerr's embedded Photo
I've been shooting the Diamond Deploy SB since 2015, it's basically a carbon Knight, and really like this bow! I have been looking at many of the other carbon bows on the market and just can't seem to convince myself to spend $1500+ when the one I have is just fine that I only spent $550 for, and then put good accessories on it, another $400. As c3 stated I had adjusted the cam shims for a better tune. Can't go wrong with Carbon Knight or the Diamond Deploy. Even took my Colo. bull moose this year with the Deploy.

23-Oct-21

RickH's embedded Photo
RickH's embedded Photo
RickH's embedded Photo
RickH's embedded Photo
I've had great luck with my Carbon Icon and had zero problems with it.

• Sitka Gear