Jaquomo 21-Oct-21
SIP 21-Oct-21
Guardian hunter 21-Oct-21
LBshooter 21-Oct-21
Jaquomo 21-Oct-21
kscatman76 22-Oct-21
APauls 22-Oct-21
21-Oct-21
What are your thoughts on on the Montana Deer decoys? Success? Failures etc?

21-Oct-21
I like the heads up for if I'm on the ground and the scar face if Im calling

21-Oct-21
A fan

21-Oct-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I have decoyed in a few small bucks with this Montana decoy. I enhanced the while hair area of the deer, with additional while flat paint so the decoy shows better. The decoy that has worked well is the CarryLite decoy. (not made anymore)

21-Oct-21
I have used the same one as Paul for years. Some great success as well as some not so great ones. It definitely gets their attention and I will continue to use it when I can. Toilet paper sheet on the tail plus a little breeze helps.

21-Oct-21
I use two Montana doe decoys in my calling setups during November for muleys. One alert and one feeding. Have had great success with them. But like every other trick, the setup is critical. You can't just plop them down in a random spot and start calling and be successful. I also put a piece of tp on the tails, and set them at angles so that when the buck is circling he will see one at whatever angle he comes in.

21-Oct-21
How do does react to them? I bought the montana doe one that is just a rump with the head on the side to use on my daughters youth hunt…but im nervous that it is going to do more harm than good. My plan was to set it up about 80 yards out in the field past where we will be, hoping to draw their attention and keep it while they work by inside 50 broadside to take some focus off our position. Cant get myself to be confident in it

21-Oct-21
I believe over 20 years of using decoys they work but not as often as they spook deer

21-Oct-21
I have had success with them but they do spook deer. I have found does are less nervous with the buck decoy. I like a decoy because they focus the deters attention on the decoy and not me, so drawing is easier. They are fun to use but you have to know going in you could loose a shot due to the decoy. Movement is key, and I use ever calm mainly on my decoys. Estrus or buck lure alawys put in the ground or stick next to the deer, never on the decoy.

21-Oct-21
I hate to start something unpleasant here, but I spray my Montana decoys with Nose Jammer and have both does and bucks, whitetails and muleys come up and sniff and lick them. Have never had does spook from it..

22-Oct-21
Good Stuff so far.

22-Oct-21
Never use 2D decoys anymore for bowhunting. Deer like to circle decoys. Any maturity on a buck and they bugger out when it disappears. My experience.

• Sitka Gear