TGbow 27-Oct-21
AccMan 27-Oct-21
TGbow 27-Oct-21
Bowfinatic 27-Oct-21
TGbow 27-Oct-21
26-Oct-21

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo
Ive hunted on the ground most my life but I have always liked the idea of treestands, just aint crazy bout goin over 13 ft. I was goin to get tej Novix Helo but they were sold out. My brother had ordered the Helo before they sold out. Anyway, Im glad I got the M7, I had an M7 last yr but sold it intending to get a LE Assault, which I did but the seat just didnt work out for me and my back. Im glad I got the M7 because after having the LW, the M7 fits me better. All stands have pros n cons...not leveling on the M7 but we have lot of straight trees.

26-Oct-21

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo
I did do away with the ratchet strap on the reciever, put a caribener sling n caribener to connect to LW strap

26-Oct-21
I sold all my treestands EXCEPT my M7. It's a great stand.

26-Oct-21
Nick turned me onto the M7. I did a bracket w/LW Strap also. But I like your caribeener mod.

26-Oct-21
That stand looks to have a small platform. Anyone else have any interference problems with drawing back on those small platform stands? I personally like to be further out from the tree as I feel that gives me more shooting room in degrees of swing while offering less interference from the tree.

26-Oct-21
I want to get one but haven't found one in stock yet. At least one that's not at an inflated price.

26-Oct-21
JL, I have the same concern. I looked at some small very light stands but decided that they were to small for me. I ended up with the XOP, Air Raid. It’s a little bigger than the M7, and still lighter than many. I’ll use for the first time this weekend.

26-Oct-21
I got this one for $218 shipped. I have seen them cheaper at times though, like $180.

I compared my brothers Helo to the M7...I like both of them but the way the M7 is designed, shape wise, I have more sids to side foot room. I am no expert on treestands but the distance front to back doesnt bother me. I will be using a rock climbing harness which enables you to take shots to my right side easier. Just face the tree and lean out..but I am shooting a recurve so the right side angle may not be as much of an issue for a compound shooter shooting vertical, for me I cant my bow.

26-Oct-21
Dale, the XOP looks like a good setup from what Ive seen. Im huntin private land this yr so Im gonna get some chain brackets and preset them with some sticks...use my Wild Edge steps for new spots.

26-Oct-21
Dale...like many folks...I have big feet which means big boots. IME the small platform stands are not well suited for big feet nor minimal interference because it puts you so close to the tree. I've been buying the aluminum X-Stand Jester's as they put my arms (the draw) further away from the tree. For me...it gives me a better range of rotation while standing up. Plus they have an easy way to mount in the tree and a 350lb weight limit for us beefers.

27-Oct-21
If I were gonna do preset stands I would go with a bigger stand. That Jester looks comfortable.

27-Oct-21
Not to be the safety police or anything but putting side load like that on a carabiner is a no-no. I drilled out the threads on the bracket so I could drop in a hitch pin instead of messing with that bolt.

27-Oct-21
Midwest, you have any pics of what you are describing?

27-Oct-21

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo
Like this?

27-Oct-21
That carabiner is NOT side loaded, if it shifts and is pulling against the gate it is side loading.

27-Oct-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
TGbow, correct.

fisherick, side loaded as in the stress against the tree. A steel threaded quick link would be probably be safer.

27-Oct-21
Only issue I have with the small platform stands is comfort. Given bad knees, and long legs, those small platforms make me bend my legs past 90 degrees to sit. To then hold still for long periods makes it painful and STIFF when I have to stand up

27-Oct-21
Bob, I have a bulging disc in my lower back, doesnt give me a lot of trouble except standing on concrete or sitting on a seat that bottoms out. The mesh seat is lit better. Im gonna put foot rest on my M7, but they are out of stock it seems.

27-Oct-21
The M60U is the same stand with a larger platform, for me more comfortable.

27-Oct-21
The M60 has the full seat

27-Oct-21
M7 is a great little stand for hang n hunts. For longer Sits though I bring the m60 for the comfort

Love millennium seats!

27-Oct-21
If I were gonna hang n keave it I'd get the M25. I plan to have several recievers with chains for preset trees, just carry the stand in and out

• Sitka Gear