Grey Ghost 03-Nov-21
Panther Bone 03-Nov-21
Pat Lefemine 03-Nov-21
Bowfreak 03-Nov-21
Hawkeye 03-Nov-21
ILBow288 03-Nov-21
Stringcheesehead 03-Nov-21
02-Nov-21
Specifically the Fanatic. What temp range for this and what do you couple it with as far as base layers, insulation layers, etc.

02-Nov-21
I assume it has deep pockets?? Because they are need to buy it.

02-Nov-21
That's a fact.

02-Nov-21
I just got the one that I ordered based on the feedback on my other post. I have to say I am not completely sold on it from just trying it on and looking at it. The weird diagonal zip doesn't do much for me and it appears that the only reason for it is to accommodate the handwarmer pouch. The pouch is marginal in my opinion. Not enough room in there for my hands.

I don't care for the collar. It doesn't lay very flat so it ends up being in the way to see, anchor my bow, etc.

I also don't care for the waist. I would much prefer having it finished like most other jackets rather than no taper or waist with just the elastic bungie cord thingy that really doesn't snug it up and keep drafts out.

It has very few pockets but has a nifty place to put your grunt call with a vent so you can blow it without taking it out. A solution looking for a problem.

As for temperature, that all depends on how well you are accustomed to the cold. I feel like I could sit for 3-4 hours in 10 degrees or less with just a good pair of long underwear, fleece shirt, and a fleece vest. Cold generally doesn't bother me as much as most however. As far as warmth goes, I would say this appears to be one of the best I have seen and still be able to move, draw, etc.

It is also very quiet. I do give it a thumbs up in that department.

02-Nov-21
Bowfreak,

Normally it takes temps of below 20 for me to wear my Fanatic coat. But wind exposure plays a role as well. I always use a base layer, and will add the Fanatic hoody under the coat as we get close to zero. Stratus pants or bibs depending on how cold.

Above 20 I use a base, Fanatic hoody, Celsius jacket and add a Stratus vest if windy. Stratus pants.

Hope that helps and good luck!

02-Nov-21
Whitetails? Cold? Windy? All Sitka, all the time.

02-Nov-21
I wear my Fanatic from 40F to -4F. Only thing that changes is what’s underneath. Although I only got to wear it once this year ;)

02-Nov-21
Id also agree that diagonal zipper is weird and didnt like it.

02-Nov-21
That diagonal zipper is weird and I hate it. BUT, that hand warmer pocket that the diagonal zipper allows is pure gold.

03-Nov-21
I do like the hand warmer but would forego it for a straight zipper

03-Nov-21
Once the jacket is zipped up, then it’s done. I don’t necessarily understand the concern with it? I actually like the hand warmer pouch.

I looked at the fanatic series for a long time before finally pulling the trigger while it was on sale. It’s definitely warm, and I haven’t been cold once wearing it. I usually only have a base layer bottoms and then a tshirt and the fanatic hoodie.

I will say though, for most of the Midwest rut, you could probably get by with less.

03-Nov-21
Mark, I wouldn’t buy it for a long time due to cost. The problem Is I bought everything besides it. So, it’s be smart to go ahead and pull the trigger.

I ain’t crazy over the zipper. However, it’s the quietest thing out there. It’s warm and it isn’t too bulky for the warmth. I think you’ll like it as a whole.

03-Nov-21
So, instead of having front pockets, they designed a funky angled zipper and a hand warmer pouch? I don't think I'd care for that. I like having plenty of pockets.

I guess I'll stick with my old, heavy wool jacket and pants for cold weather hunting.

Matt

03-Nov-21
Yeah, I’d bought one if not for the funky zipper. Hate the zipper…

03-Nov-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
I love the zipper. Takes some getting used to but I like the hand warmer pouch. Using it right now. 28 degrees in NE Ohio.

I’m using the fanatic lite this morning. I could have used the fanatic now that the wind picked up.

03-Nov-21
For those of you who have the Fanatic set what are typical temp ranges for comfort? Are you going to be miserable if it warms up to 50 degrees? Would the Stratus be a better option for hunting whitetails with a low in the 20s up to say 50 degrees?

03-Nov-21
Hi Mark. The Stratus is definitely more versatile and I think you’d be fine in that range with it and a couple merino base layers. That’s what I run. However, the Fanatic is the best jacket I have ever owned and I hated the zipper too but now love it. But if I had to pick one—it would be the stratus set as the wind stopper with minimal bulk is well worth it. I still use my old Predator bibs but as a jacket with minimal base and allowing me to sit FOREVER the fanatic is tough to beat with the stratus you best overall option for versatility IMO.

03-Nov-21
had buddy wearing the fanatic stuff to trail a deer this weekend. He got into a patch of beggars lice pretty bad. Those bibs might literally be ruined. They are so many deeply embedded in them i'm not sure your could get them out. Other than that, they're incredibly quiet and incredibly warm.

03-Nov-21
Ilbow have him get his hands on a pumice stone and rub the jacket down. The burrs and everything else stuck on just falls off. Been using that trick for years. Helpful if you can wear the item and have someone else operate the pumice stone

• Sitka Gear