DanaC 06-Nov-21
Ken Moody Safaris 06-Nov-21
sundowner 06-Nov-21
Ken Moody Safaris 06-Nov-21
drycreek 06-Nov-21
05-Nov-21

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
The look that says “you’re going to need both barrels.” Cape Buffalo Package $10,950.

05-Nov-21
That’s it ! Even though I’ve never faced a Cape Buffalo, you don’t have to to know what that means. It’s like hearing your first rattle snake rattle, nobody has to tell you….

05-Nov-21
They are just bad ass. I know first hand. There's nothing like bowhunting a cape buffalo. My best hunting experience was being 20 yards from 2000 pounds from 'holy crap' !

05-Nov-21
Ken, wouldn’t that be the best angle ? Slide that arrow right into the heart ? Educate me !

05-Nov-21
He’s got that “You voted for BIDEN??!!” look, to me.

05-Nov-21
Tough angle for a bow shot. Quartering on is best or broadside. Quartering away is not a good shot angle. This angle has the massive ribs protecting the lungs and leg in front of the heart which is low in the chest. Pass on this shot with a bow.

05-Nov-21
My wife has that look down pat. I call it the "stink eye". She even pins her ears down, too. ;-)

Matt

05-Nov-21
I think it was an old Africa hunter/writer named Craig Boddington once said, " A Cape looks at you like you owe him money."

05-Nov-21
Robert Ruark said it.

06-Nov-21
That is the “you like a lot of guys may start me with an arrow but you’re going to need a bullet to finish me” look

06-Nov-21
And just like that shooting a 45-70 doesn't make me feel good any more ;-)

06-Nov-21

06-Nov-21
You're right Ken. Robert Ruark. Boddington probably quoted Ruark.

06-Nov-21

He had some good quotes…

06-Nov-21
Y’all are right on the quote of course, but Craig Boddington has killed over thirty buffalo so he knows a thing or two about them also. I can’t imagine why he’s killed that many, but I’m certain he does. ;-)

06-Nov-21
Dry creek if I could afford it. I would be over there for months going from one country to the next hunting Buffalo everywhere they are. Thirty doesn’t sound like too many to me over many years of hunting them.

• Sitka Gear