John in MO / KY 05-Nov-21
jdbbowhunter 05-Nov-21
craigmcalvey 05-Nov-21
John in MO / KY 05-Nov-21
nogutsnostory 05-Nov-21
PAOH 05-Nov-21
Sidekick 05-Nov-21
05-Nov-21
Anything better than pac boots once it’s under 40? Tree stand hunting in mid Michigan.

Craig

05-Nov-21
I wear uninsulated leather boots, into the stand then put on boot blankets. If it gets super cold I will drop a charcoal body warmer in the boot blankets.

05-Nov-21
Muck polars are great

05-Nov-21
I'm hunting SW MI right now and having the same thoughts. Last year nothing I tried REALLY kept me comfortable. This year Mucks have been fine IF I have 2 pair of FRESH wools socks on and DO NOT walk in more than 1/4 mi or so. Walking further, if there is no swamp to cross, I am wearing Crispis uninsulated with a liner and heavy merino sock. This keeps me warmer than the Mucks due to lesser sweat of course.

Today I finally ordered some Icebreaker Boot Blankets. Hoping that those over my leather boots will be a winner. Especially once things freeze over.

05-Nov-21
Not to totally take thread off subject. But I just got the artic shield boot covers. To those that add hand warmers. Do you put them inside the boot or between the boot and boot blanket? Does it matter?

05-Nov-21
I wear Columbia Titanium Bugaboo boots and use ArcticShield boot covers once on stand. Be certain that the boots are not to tight with wool socks.

05-Nov-21
I also use a light boot and then put the Arctic Shield boot blankets on once in the stand. Put the boot blankets on right away while your feet are still warm from the walk in. I'm also going to try down booties inside the boot blankets this year on the really cold days.

05-Nov-21
I wear Vasque Snowblime 200, hiking boots down to 10. Merino wool socks . Not a problem but cold doesn't bother me much.

05-Nov-21
How noisy are the boot blankets?

05-Nov-21
I haven't found the boot blankets to be any noisier than just wearing boots

05-Nov-21
I just drop the body warmers on the top of my foot. The brand of boot blankets I use are Artic Shield.

05-Nov-21
I put an elastic band on outside of boots and put the body warmer underneath

05-Nov-21
Down to 30 degrees I'm wearing a pair of Habit neoprene boots with mid-weight alpaca socks over a thin liner.

• Sitka Gear