Summit cable repair
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Potter 08-Nov-21
Potter 08-Nov-21
orionsbrother 08-Nov-21
Boreal 09-Nov-21
08-Nov-21
I recently repaired my summit cables I’ve watched a lot of reviews and ways of repairing them I found something that works pretty well I would like to share it with you. I purchase a marine grade glue on shrink tubing three-quarter inch from Amazon it is much too thick to do the entire cable but works incredibly well I’m just doing the stops over the existing cable or you can remove just the original shrink tubing off the stops replacing with about a one and a half inch piece of the marine abrasive resistant glue treated shrink tubing Used now for a while and seems to work really well if you need to replace anything it’s only the stops by adding a new piece of 1 1/2 inch marine shrink tubing

08-Nov-21
I recently repaired my summit cables I’ve watched a lot of reviews and ways of repairing them I found something that works pretty well I would like to share it with you. I purchase a marine grade glue on shrink tubing three-quarter inch from Amazon it is much too thick to do the entire cable but works incredibly well I’m just doing the stops over the existing cable or you can remove just the original shrink tubing off the stops replacing with about a one and a half inch piece of the marine abrasive resistant glue treated shrink tubing Used now for a while and seems to work really well if you need to replace anything it’s only the stops by adding a new piece of 1 1/2 inch marine shrink tubing

08-Nov-21
Thanks. I’ll try it. I received new cables as a birthday gift, but I kept the old cables. They are fine other than the coating. Please post the brand/material you used or send me a PM. I’ll do an in depth inspection and a repair project at my leisure and have spare cables that I can rotate in when the new ones lose their coating.

09-Nov-21
You can get the whole length of shrink tubing from Summit on Amazon for $18 for the pair.

• Sitka Gear