flyingbrass 09-Nov-21
Blood 10-Nov-21
Bou'bound 10-Nov-21
BULELK1 12-Nov-21
12yards 12-Nov-21
Rock 18-Nov-21
flyingbrass 18-Nov-21
08-Nov-21
Recently I've burned through a few episodes of American Archer I had on DVR. Tom Nelson wasn't hunting on any of them? Hoping everything is ok with him. Definitely one of the nice guys of bowhunting.

08-Nov-21
He’s fine. I was hoping to hunt with him in Saskatchewan but he couldn’t make it. Definitely one of the best guys on TV.

08-Nov-21
Thanks for the information. I am glad he's ok.

08-Nov-21
I remember when he worked at Anderson Archery.

08-Nov-21
He seems like a good guy, but his shows always seem like 10% show and 90% commercials. Maybe the worse I've ever seen as a percentage of actual TV show.

08-Nov-21
they are all 11 minutes of commercials and 19 minutes of show.

08-Nov-21
Sometimes the “shows” (not necessarily his) are also disguised commercials though.

09-Nov-21
Definitely a lot of product pushing on his show. He still seems like a salt of the earth guy and has been doing it for a long time. He's one of the nice guys who loves bowhunting in my opinion.

09-Nov-21
Always been a good guy. Was around him some at Anderson’s archery. We were young guys then. He may have managed the pro shop

09-Nov-21
Several years ago Tom was hunting our north bear camp. Also in camp was a young bow hunter that had worked a lot of overtime for a long time to earn funds to pay for his dream hunt. He was having lousy luck the first couple days; did not see a shooter. On day 3 I picked up Tom from his bait and asked him what he saw. He replied “ A big blonde bear “. I asked him how far it went after the shot. He replied “I didn’t shoot him because the young guy in camp had worked so hard to come on the hunt that I would have felt like crap if I killed one and he didn’t. You need to put him here tomorrow if he did not shoot one today.” We did just that and the young guy (a complete stranger to Tom) killed that gorgeous bruin. Not many folks would pass that bear up for any reason let alone so a stranger could shoot a rare trophy.

09-Nov-21
Great story, Rob!

09-Nov-21
Very good story Rob, it’s nice to know that some of those guys are the real deal.

09-Nov-21
That bear story is very interesting. Sounds like Nelson is a real classy guy.

09-Nov-21
Always perceived him as one of the good, true guys. Rob just confirmed it. Thanks for sharing that with us

09-Nov-21
That is a great story to share. Good for Tom for doing that.

09-Nov-21
Roy´s story shows the type of person Tom is

09-Nov-21
Class Act

09-Nov-21
Tom is very much a class act!!

09-Nov-21
Great story Rob made my day thanks for sharing Lewis

09-Nov-21
Sounds like Tom is someone I would love to share a camp with. Sounds like a stand up guy to me. I have always enjoyed watching his shows.

09-Nov-21
Thanks for sharing that, Rob!

09-Nov-21
OMG-Anderson Archery. Many have no idea about them. I filled a slot on their team "long" ago at the huge (at that time) Clinton Indiana Bowhunter jamboree in the mid 70s..

09-Nov-21
I always thought he was a class act.

09-Nov-21
He's been at Bowhunters of Wyoming as a guest speaker. Very humble bowhunter and his giving the young guy the opportunity at the blonde bear show's what type of person he is.

09-Nov-21
Rob, Would have hit the “like” button on that story about Tom if there was one!

09-Nov-21
I'm glad to read that he is doing well. Tom is worthy of the highest profile he cares to make.

09-Nov-21
Tom is a great person. He does a great job promoting archery. Very nice guy.

10-Nov-21
“I took out my Conquest Scent stick and Scrape maker deer hoof….” ;)

10-Nov-21
So glad he is doing well. Was concerned there after the first post. Great guy.

12-Nov-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I like the guy and watching his show.

I've actually bought some of his sponsor's stuff over the years.

Right now I'm using this eye treatment and I am really happy with it.

Good luck, Robb

12-Nov-21
Yep, bought a couple bows from him at Anderson Archery when I was being indoctrinated at Michigan State U.

18-Nov-21
Have known Tom for many years, we served on the P&Y BOD together and he always impressed me. Would hunt with him anytime and anywhere if given the chance.

18-Nov-21
This is my second reply and worth repeating. He is a good man and a credit to the outdoor lifestyle.

• Sitka Gear