Mark S 14-Nov-21
bigeasygator 16-Nov-21
Dale06 16-Nov-21
spike78 16-Nov-21
Boris 16-Nov-21
09-Nov-21

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Last year I won a free IronWill broadhead by entering here on Bowsite. When it came in I was very impressed by the sharpness and the stout thick blades. I intended to buy some but had a bunch of Slick Tricks left to use up. I had an opportunity to let it fly on a doe this year and perfect flight straight through the heart. The deer bounded 15 yards away stopped looked around and fell over. This is the first deer I ever shot that didn’t haul ass after being hit as I never used COC broadheads before. Their was plenty of blood on the ground and although ANY head would have dropped this doe quick after a heart shot what impressed me was after going through a deer and sticking in the dirt it was still razor sharp and not one single blemish on the blades. I could honestly shoot another deer without even touching it up. I’ve shot deer with my Slick Tricks before but the blades would dull and chip. This is what you get for spending more money great quality. I’m a believer and will be buying some next season. Just thought I’d give credit where it’s due for a quality product!

09-Nov-21
P.S. Bill V any chance of 100 grain single bevels?

09-Nov-21
I really like their 175s. Crazy sharp and accurate

09-Nov-21
Shot 7 deer with the same zwicky 4 edge Eskimo before one of the bleeder blades broke. Bought 9 abowyer bone heads in 2005 still have 4 & couldn't even guess how many deer those 4 remaining heads have killed.

09-Nov-21
That’s what they’re known for!

09-Nov-21
If you shot a doe with a field point there it would die? Wasn't impressed with my Iron Will's this year on my elk. IMO not worth the $.

10-Nov-21
I like them too- cut myself cleaning the dirt off one after it zipped through. Stay sharp for sure

10-Nov-21
Quinn I did say ANY broadhead would have worked but I was impressed with the after sharpness and perfect blades not the quick death.

11-Nov-21

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

11-Nov-21

11-Nov-21

This broadhead killed a Cape Buffalo

Then to try a destructive test I shot it through an angus femur 3 times and it was still sharp and not damaged.

So I tried 2 femurs at once and did that several times.

Then finally saw some edge deformation but it still could have been touched up

Of course this is overkill. Most animals don’t present that much bone. But it demonstrates the quality of the steel.

The only thing to fear is losing it.

Of course lower cost heads work and have for 80 yrs

11-Nov-21
I shoot the solids for whitetails and they're amazing heads. They fly incredible at any distance and hold an edge through and through. Thats something that doesn't get talked about enough when it comes to animal havest.

Altitude above me shows just how durable they are and I am in agreeance with him being scared of losing them. I shoot the same arrow as you do too. Add a lighted noc of some sort and your looking at an 80 + dollar arrow.

12-Nov-21
Great broadheads

12-Nov-21
Did you use the Wide’s or standards?

12-Nov-21
$80 an arrow???

Great googlymoogly!!!

I have recently become fond of Ace Standard broadhead‘s which are about 36 bucks for a half dozen. Yes, you need to know how to mount them so that they spin true, and you need to be able to put an edge on them yourself because they don’t show up all that sharp.

But if you are capable of mounting and sharpening them yourself, there is very little left to be desired.

I am hoping to be able to re-create some of Jay’s destructive testing with my heaviest stickbow, just to see if my equipment is powerful enough to make the Broadhead become the weakest link in the system. From what I have seen so far, it’s a pretty safe bet.

But then, my bows put out about half the FPE that your average compound will produce, so you guys might need a little extra.

I just don’t see any point in spending a huge amount of money to buy a Broadhead that will stand up to a level of abuse that my equipment is not capable of dishing out.

13-Nov-21
Iron Will is the best in my opinion. Post a video a little while back of me shooting a cow elk on a steep quartering away shot where it blew through her vitals and broke her offside leg. Killed numerous whitetails with them too. I won’t change my setup

13-Nov-21

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
I call them “ In and Outs”

Then go in and come out.

One tough broadhead!

13-Nov-21

These are old brittle bones and they still deformed the tips and edges. Most would not still be cutting vital tissues very well after striking bone. Leading to a poor blood trail.
These are old brittle bones and they still deformed the tips and edges. Most would not still be cutting vital tissues very well after striking bone. Leading to a poor blood trail.
Corax, I’ve done that test also with most of the popular traditional brands. I shot those into whitetail scapulas, leg bones and spines.

13-Nov-21

13-Nov-21

This traditional brand held up the best in my unscientific test. But the tip is still damaged

13-Nov-21
I've had great results with IWs on elk and muleys. Even blowing through bone. And no need to tune anything from where field points hit. Using the 125 vented.

13-Nov-21
Fan of solids. Fly great and are sharp! I've not had to sharpen mine yet. Anybody have a recommendation for an effective sharpener to purchase for them? Thanks

13-Nov-21
Worksharp precision adjust knife sharpener set on 20 degrees (according to Bill V.) Works great for resharpening or touching up.

13-Nov-21
Sweet - thank you Jaquomo

13-Nov-21

14-Nov-21
I just ordered some Ironwill 100 gr SS Hidden inserts for an arrow I’m working up for my new longbow. I know they are really good Broadheads but I just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on them yet. It’s enough already with the price of the inserts and the arrows I shoot. I dropped Cutthroats when their price jumped up as well. I get it but a poor blue collar butcher with a family can’t afford that stuff. I shoot the best I can afford. Easton fmj’s, Ironwill inserts, Kudu Broadheads. Now if I ever draw a tag again….

14-Nov-21
I’ll go against the grain here (with Quinn) and state that I was not impressed with the ones I have.

—Jim

14-Nov-21
There are a lot of great heads out there today. I just ordered the sharpener Lou recommended. I've used them on elk and deer and they are always sharp and intact after. I use one or 2 as practice heads and shoot them a lot. I went them to get dull so they are less dangerous to handle. They are still way too sharp for me to handle after lots of practice. They are expensive though. To each his own.

16-Nov-21

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Shot two deer this year with Iron Will Solid 100s. The first deer, the Blacktail, was initially shot a little back and despite a complete pass through I did not have a great blood trail. The follow up arrow double lunged him and was also a complete pass through.

The second deer was a whitetail in Texas. Put the arrow right in the crease and got a complete pass through like a hot knife going through butter. Massive blood trail and the deer went 50 yards at full speed before he dropped dead (in other words, in seconds).

All in all I’ve been very happy with the performance. The cutting diameter isn’t huge but I’ve had great penetration (with arrows that are ~400 gr total weight) and have yet to have an arrow that didn’t completely pass through an animal.

16-Nov-21
I’ve used IW 125V on elk deer, aoudad, wolf, brown and black deer. They performed flawlessly. I killed three whitetails this fall with the IW 125W. Two went about 40 yards and one went 100 yards. In 43 years of bowhunting, I’ve used many heads, all fixed. The IW is the best broadhead I’ve ever used.

16-Nov-21
Dale do the wides shoot same as regular? I had issues shooting an Exodus due to the wider blades and I consider my bow pretty well tuned.

16-Nov-21
At 520 this evening I ended my Ohio season. I use to measure for P&Y, not ant more. But, I still measure for Ohio big buck club. I have seen and measured plenty of BIG bucks. It takes a good buck to get the OH, SHIT factor. Well, today within an hour I said that twice. Both deer where to far to shoot. But, they moved in an open field, so I watched. They both had something on their mind. At about 515 this evening, looked to the south, there standing is a nice buck. He was about 35-40 yards away. Got to my feet and waited. After about 5 minutes of messing around, he started to come in. Figured he has a 16 inch spread. Big body, nice rack. Moved towards me, went behind a big tree, came to full draw. He walked up the trail and is broadside at 12 yards. Bounded roughly 35 yards stopped and dropped. He did make it to his feet. But, fell over right were he is standing. All this in about 15 seconds. I watched the whole thing. I say, because I wish that CARBON EXPRESS would bring back the QUAD PRO 4blade coc broadheads. In the last 5 deer that I have take with them. This buck had the shortest distance. The farthest was roughly 70 yards. I truly like this head. Very sharp and flies true. Good thick blades all 4 that is. I know that everyone likes what they like. I like them because of the quick clean kill produce, but you can not beat 5.00 dollars for a 3 pack at Walmart after christmas. Oh, forgot it's an 8 point.

• Sitka Gear