carcus 13-Nov-21
carcus 13-Nov-21
kota-man 13-Nov-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 13-Nov-21
kota-man 13-Nov-21
JTreeman 13-Nov-21
Z9_MA 14-Nov-21
12-Nov-21
Hey guys/gals. A buddy who has been shooting a 15+ yr old Hoyt tried out Bowtech’s Solution SS. He said it was really light, amazed at how well it held and he was shooting X’s @ the 20 yd indoor range. He was only pulling 60# but with his bum shoulder, said the draw cycle was like butter. I recommended he try shooting several brands for comparison.

Anyone have a (or had one) Bowtech’s Solution SS? If so, interested in pros/cons so I can share with him. Thx and good hunting!

12-Nov-21
I got one this year and like it so far. I don't think it's particularly light, after it's loaded with sight, quiver and rest but that's not a show stopper. As far as a smooth draw, I would agree 100%. The reason I went with this bow was because of my bum shoulder. Very satisfied with the draw cycle.

12-Nov-21
I started out the year with a Mathews V3, Hoyt RX5, and the Solution SS. The only one I currently own is the SS. I’ve owned a ton of bows the past several years and NOTHING draws as nice as the SS. Shot a Bowtech Revolt X last year and thought that was nice, but the SS is even nicer. Never thought I’d enjoy such a short bow, but those huge cams make it “feel” longer. If Bowtech comes with a 33” a to a Solution SS this year it could very well be the perfect bow for me.

13-Nov-21
Thx guys. I seem to recall the bow has two settings: a comfort & performance mode. Didn’t see on bowtech’s website but did find it elsewhere that the bow has an 80% let-off. Also read, it is very tunable w/o a press.

13-Nov-21
I had a solution, it was nice but ate up cables bad, I'm all pse now, the evolve cam is smooth like butter and fast

13-Nov-21
The “SS” is not the same cam as the regular Solution. No comparing the two. Two totally different bows.

13-Nov-21
Kota, any cable issues? Also, what draw weight, draw length and what setting: performance or comfort? Thx

13-Nov-21
Hard to beat the Solution SS

13-Nov-21
Don’t have a Solution but I have been shooting a Revolt for two years and I’m in love.

13-Nov-21
The solution SS was my choice for a new bow. Pushing 70 years old with worn out shoulders but still too young for a string rifle. The SS is smooth as silk and easily tuned. Mass weight #4lbs even. Good to go for another 10!!

13-Nov-21
"The “SS” is not the same cam as the regular Solution. No comparing the two. Two totally different bows." The cable wraps around the axle the same way, very tight turn, thats where mine was separating bad

13-Nov-21

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo

13-Nov-21
No issues on my SS. Been shooting it since it came out. Mine is a 60 lber, 29” draw in comfort. I’m not a fan of any of the Bowtech’s in performance mode.

13-Nov-21
Kota what do you notice the difference is in performance vs comfort ?

13-Nov-21
The draw…Very stiff with the performance module.

13-Nov-21
I bought a Solution SS a few weeks ago. Have not had a lot of time to get it al tweeted, but like it so far. I think it will be hard to find anything much smoother out there. I’m shouting 70lbs, 28”, with smooth mods.

—Jim

14-Nov-21
Thanks guys. My buddy ended up buying a Solutions SS and he is really happy with it. Got to hear it this morning but there was nuthin to hear, real quiet. Got to see it this morning as he just got back from the shop and wanted to see how it shot at 30 yd. One shot, nailed it. As is, he was shooting with no stabilizer. He had a Black Gold 3 pin with a fuse quiver. Very simple. What a nice bow and light. Thanks again for all your feedback. GL >>—> this season!

• Sitka Gear